Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-30-2011, 03:22 AM   #1 
ohstephyy

Bamboo buffled and green tea?

Alright, so I got a bunch of straight and 'curled' 'lucky' bamboo from t&t almost a week ago (washed it off and everything), did a 75% water change and put them all in.

My tank is kinda foggy now and the bamboo (which is fully submerged, except for the very top of the curly one) has 'fluff' growing off of it. I'm kinda scared, Pixel's acting totally normal and everything, but am I doing this bamboo thing wrong?

Also, I read somewhere that de-caffeinated green tea is good for Bettas. Me being a vapid tea collector and drinker this sounded like a cute idea. What are the health benefits to this? And is it really okay to give them green tea, and how much?

Bwuh, so many questions .____.
ohstephyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:23 AM   #2 
ohstephyy

Er, also my tank is 2.5 gallons, between 78-80 F and I did give him some melafix for a small hole on his dorsal fin. Woulc the melafix mixed with the bamboo cause it to grow this 'fluff' and make the water cloudy?
ohstephyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:44 AM   #3 
Littlebittyfish

Bamboo isn't a true aquatic plant so it may be adjusting or it could be rotting..It seems a little soon though only being in the tank for a week...It doesn't like to be fully submerged. I would use a gravel vacuum and vacuum the fluff off and then take the bamboo out and rinse it well...
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote