Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-30-2011, 02:15 PM   #1 
Wyvern

Just wondering

Why my one boy is VERY hyper today, we are having some light storms and lots of rain, but not much thunder or lightning. The other boy is calm and napping on his plant. The hyper one is darting all over the tank. They share the tank with a divider in it. My tank is about 77 - 78 degrees at the moment. Water tested fine over the weekend and I did a water change on sunday. We lost power for about 10mins but it came on fast and the filter went on no problem. Ive just never seen him move that fast - he is normally the lazy one. Hes just zooming allover the tank, into his cave around the filter intake, in between the plants. Hes not flashing nor flaring and ate his dinner with no issues - hes a little greedy but hes on a diet :P

Was just wondering if the weather could have affected him. Hes already calm again - maybe the storm is over?
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:30 PM   #2 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
Why my one boy is VERY hyper today, we are having some light storms and lots of rain, but not much thunder or lightning. The other boy is calm and napping on his plant. The hyper one is darting all over the tank. They share the tank with a divider in it. My tank is about 77 - 78 degrees at the moment. Water tested fine over the weekend and I did a water change on sunday. We lost power for about 10mins but it came on fast and the filter went on no problem. Ive just never seen him move that fast - he is normally the lazy one. Hes just zooming allover the tank, into his cave around the filter intake, in between the plants. Hes not flashing nor flaring and ate his dinner with no issues - hes a little greedy but hes on a diet :P

Was just wondering if the weather could have affected him. Hes already calm again - maybe the storm is over?
My one fish does that too when it storms. If there's thunder.. he is swimming all over the place!I try to turn on a radio or something and keep his light off to help him relax..
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:46 PM   #3 
Wyvern

Yea i turned his lights off as well and fortunately I was singing along to the radio :P
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote