Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-31-2011, 10:57 AM   #11 
Ethan

Please don't feel bad you did the best you could & made a better decision by following through the right way and not stopping after cutting her once!

Give the kittens you found the best life they ever had!!!!!!!

BUT................next time it would be better using alchole or a big metal hammer so it is done fast and quickly!

Last edited by Ethan; 05-31-2011 at 11:00 AM.
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:02 PM   #12 
JKfish

I'm so sorry :( But, she definately must be in a better place, and compared to what she would have had to deal with all her life, I think what you chose was better.

Ethan: Alcohol is proven to actually burn their gills, and causes a lot more pain compared to clove oil.... Since my dad has a company that sells essential oils, I always have a small bottle in my fish cabinate.... I've only had to use it a few times, but IMO, it was easier for both the fish and myself compared to say a hammer and such.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:56 PM   #13 
elijahfeathers

Having to put down an animal is hard. I never have had to with a fish yet, but I think if it came to it i'd go for a big rock on something solid in the back. I'm just not confident enough to cut (or that the fish won't wiggle away >> can you imagen? Trying to save your fish form suffering only to have it flopping all over the floor?)
elijahfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:49 PM   #14 
turtle10

Omg I can just imagine myself chasing after a bouncing fish! Sorta funny but sad if you think about it. My dogs would have probably gone after it. I am definitely going to have to pick up some clove oil just in case.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote