Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-01-2011, 06:51 PM   #1 
PewPewPew

Unhappy Advanced fin rot D;

Oh, Baller.

I've had Balthier for a little while now, he's a cheery little man. I got him from aquabid with no issues. His fins are HUGE, which I always had a feeling might be a not-so-great thing...

I was right.

Balthier's absolutely ENORMOUS dorsal has had issue with splitting due to its size. That's fine, because it heals back up, nbd. He came to me with an errant ray (one that stuck out from his fin), which is where it split.

Thennn...

He got in a fight with the filter intake while I was on vacation. His fins got all kinds of gross, mostly in the back. They became grey and dead. I treated him with salt, love and frequent water changes and it put him right. (below, healing)

Then it came back.

Odd.

Treated, went away. (below, all nice and healing)

And again.

Treated, went away.

Now, its back with a vengeance. This became a monster, and salt isnt working.

So now poor Baller's fins have been eaten away while I was on a trip, and he looks like this....great.

We're using maraycn I and II along with clean water (as per the medicine's directions) and keeping the lights off.

The tank wont go under 80, really, because of the weather. Sigh.

We're using both because we dont know what's causing it, and we REALLY want it gone. I say we because sadly, I cant treat him at home, ds2009 has him.

He's got those little red tips, fin death, the whole lot. (Fins look shorter than they are because hes moving)

Any tips while using maracyn?

Im new to it :c
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:10 PM   #2 
PewPewPew

Ohohoh. I have jungle fungus clear, too. Ive read up and heard that it will help, too, if the maracyn doesnt work. Here's hoping D;

Any advice still appreciated on dealing with maracyn <3
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fin rot, maracyn