Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-01-2011, 07:56 PM   #1 
kera236

Exclamation Looking bloated but feeling fine

(Sorry the picture quality is bad, he keeps hiding in the back or swimming away)
This is Colonel Mustard. He's been bloated for the past two weeks. He swims around and is very active, he recently started jumping after I put him back in his tank after being quarentined. I put him back in because he looked physically much better, but depressed. His quarentine area isn't ideal it's a half a gallon vase no heater, filter, or plants. His tank though is 10 gallons, shelter, heater, filter, and plants

My guess is he's constipated, but he's swimming fine. Or he has dropsy, but his scales aren't sticking out and he was getting better. I read online that it could be the brine shrimp pellets I'm feeding my cories which makes sense because he looked good 'til I fed him and them this morning. I'm not going to feed them tomorrow and hope for the best.

I've done a half water change twice since his quarentine, changed the filter and cleaned the gravel and decorations. The decorations and plants had a brown film on them before I cleaned them.

He's my soldier Wal-mart fish. He has a torn fin (it's growing back slowly) and when he flares only the left side comes out. He's absolutely adorable and charming, he'll jump for his food and let me pet him. Him and my lively albino cory chase each other around the tank, it looks like they're playing tag. (I hope Colonel's not trying to have a snack)

Help!
Attached Images

kera236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:53 AM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum....

It looks to me like it is an overeating issue more than anything else since he is otherwise acting his normal self.....this is one of the biggest problems we have when we keep mixed species...feeding issues......and Bettas are pigs....lol.....you may need to take the Betta out when you feed your school of corydoras or wait an hour after lights out to feed them-half pellet per corydora....

On the 10gal filtered tank-how much and how often are the water changes, water temp and number and species of live plants, additive used......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:16 PM   #3 
kera236

The tank gets a half water change every 7-10 days and the filter every month.
kera236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:25 PM   #4 
Bullet

Angry Pregnant Guppy Female

Hi guys, some help please. I've got a guppy female that is forever pregnant, it's now almost 2 months and still no fry coming out of her. the back of the guppy female is forever redish in colour and not turning black as the smaller guppy female that is pregnant aswell. The smaller guppy female is black at the back side ever since I notice that she is pregnant.
Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:05 PM   #5 
Oldfishlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
Hi guys, some help please. I've got a guppy female that is forever pregnant, it's now almost 2 months and still no fry coming out of her. the back of the guppy female is forever redish in colour and not turning black as the smaller guppy female that is pregnant aswell. The smaller guppy female is black at the back side ever since I notice that she is pregnant.
Please start a new thread...and you will get more response and help...you may even want to go to the sister forum to post about guppies along with all the needed information for sick fish....
Thanks
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote