Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-02-2011, 05:50 PM   #121 
1fish2fish

Let me just say I HATE old people day (as we call it) at Krogers.. It is by far the single most boring day of the week.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:58 PM   #122 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

1fish2fish,

Inside every 'old person' is a person just like you, trapped, as their body and mind crumbles around them.

If it's a boring day for you, try to picture yourself in these people's shoes. What would you want from someone your current age?

Give to them what you'd want for yourself. I bet your day would be less boring! :)
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:22 PM   #123 
1fish2fish

Oh no.. it's not boring because of the old people (I actually really love our senior customers.. they have the best stories!)... its boring because no one comes in on old people day and most senior citizens don't buy starbucks so basically I'm standing around for 8 hours wiping down the same counter over and over again.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:19 PM   #124 
LolaQuigs

Hi, I've been mia for a while so this is the first I've seen of this thread; nice to have one for adults who aren't necessarily parents! Today is my 25th birthday! :D
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:23 PM   #125 
dramaqueen
Banned

Happy birthday, Lola! I hope it was a good one.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:45 PM   #126 
sunnydawnie

Hi there, new to the group. I'm 40 and no kids. Same boyfriend for the last 10yrs and keeping it that way. I've got a house and he's got his own place - works for us.

I so totally agree with you all about the disciplining of kids - I actually stopped being friends with a woman because she refused to make her kid mind. I just couldn't stand to be around her. The last straw was when we went to a church event with tons of people. She let her 6yr old child run freely ALL over the multi-building complex and parkinglot. One woman in the eating area that was volunteering eventually came out from one of the buildings into the courtyard and asked who's child it was and politely mentioned he needed his mama. (There were HUNDREDS of people there mind you). My friend said "Oh, I'm right here - he's fine." That did it - I was out and never saw her again. Just couldn't take it anymore. And she's a high school teacher ! Oh, and btw.. before I broke off the friendship this same little tike ran into my house while I helped her carry something in and broke something that I had seen on the Antiques Roadshow on TV in the 3 MINUTES (I'm not exaggerating) that I picked up the bag from the door and carried it to the kitchen. OMG. I was also at her house once and the kid wouldn't eat what she prepared. So SHE STOPPED EATING with me sitting at the table and got up and cooked again !!! Seriously !
sunnydawnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:51 PM   #127 
dramaqueen
Banned

A long time ago a friend of my mom's came over with her little girl who was about 5 or 6. The kid went into my room WITHOUT MY PERMISSION and took my walkman! I was furious! All the woman said was for her to give it back to me and that I was particular about my things.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:23 AM   #128 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
Oh no.. it's not boring because of the old people (I actually really love our senior customers.. they have the best stories!)... its boring because no one comes in on old people day and most senior citizens don't buy starbucks so basically I'm standing around for 8 hours wiping down the same counter over and over again.
This made me laughhh..but..

I feel your pain :C I worked at McDonald's for years, and when slow days (like days when the weather was sooo bad, no one came..but the workers) came, Id stand there...

Washing the tables over and over and over and doing the grease traps like 39480times. Sigh.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:01 AM   #129 
laughing

I literally scoop poop... so uh, it is fun spending a few hours in the hot sun raking up poop! Anyways, I enjoy my job. Im outside, I have 3 dogs I play ball with, and the horses sometimes visit me.

I am applying for another 'cooperate' job, though. Home Depot, Verizon, PetSmart, the UFC gym, etc all wanted to hire me on the spot but I am underage... That sucks about being emancipated is you're a legal adult but not under insurance!!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:43 AM   #130 
Wyvern

no man 1fish - now you are making me crave starbucks and its the one thing we dont have here in South Africa and if we got it, it would be way to expensive :(
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote