Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-03-2011, 11:55 AM   #11 
luvmybetta

Location: When you read my Threads, Posts, Replies, they are being sent from Kansas...Yes, I do have a Toto.
LionMom,
I am grasping at an answer for you. It seems and looks to me like you have done everything correctly. You are using Prime...that will take care of anything in your water. The only thing that I can think of is if you are on a city type water supply and since we are in the Spring time, there may be a possibility the city water supply is experiencing an algae bloom. They would have to treat for that. An algae bloom can cause the PH to climb. But, I know that you maintain other tanks. I am thinking along the lines of PH shock....mmmm.....stumped...because of your other fish that you have. I am so very sorry to hear about your beautiful baby, HotRod. Such a handsome fellow. I am so very sorry about your loss of your beautiful baby.
luvmybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:02 PM   #12 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybetta View Post
LionMom,
I am grasping at an answer for you. It seems and looks to me like you have done everything correctly. You are using Prime...that will take care of anything in your water. The only thing that I can think of is if you are on a city type water supply and since we are in the Spring time, there may be a possibility the city water supply is experiencing an algae bloom. They would have to treat for that. An algae bloom can cause the PH to climb. But, I know that you maintain other tanks. I am thinking along the lines of PH shock....mmmm.....stumped...because of your other fish that you have. I am so very sorry to hear about your beautiful baby, HotRod. Such a handsome fellow. I am so very sorry about your loss of your beautiful baby.
Thanks so much - it is nice to know that people care!

In the time that has passed since Hot Rod died, I have lost one other betta, but I think it was more age related then anything since I had him for over a year (he was already an adult when I got him) and he had been slowing down quite a bit.

I sincerely doubt Hot Rod died of PH shock since all other bettas (and fish) are fine with the exception of the one (and that just happened last week). I REALLY think it was sudden organ failure with Hot Rod - I just can't think of ANYTHING else!

Again, thank you so very much for your kind words - they are truly appreciated!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:11 PM   #13 
nel3

sorry your fish died, it really was beautiful fish.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:21 PM   #14 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
sorry your fish died, it really was beautiful fish.
Thank you.

The fish in my current avatar (Astro) did not die - Hot Rod used to be my avatar & he was white.
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:32 PM   #15 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Mom View Post
Thank you.

The fish in my current avatar (Astro) did not die - Hot Rod used to be my avatar & he was white.
how old is astro? i havent seen many bettas but one shop had alot of peach coloured ones with blue/red or green tails. none were as nice as astro.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:05 PM   #16 
Oldfishlady

Don't beat yourself up......it wasn't anything you did or didn't do...sometimes stuff just happens...it can be frustrating as all get out.......I understand......but you didn't cause it and don't compare yourself with the rare occasion that a neglected Betta lived longer than a well kept Betta....I say prove it! although some people will get lucky on occasion and that is what it is...luck an rare.....a fish surviving not thriving......big difference IMO......genetic has a big role in longevity just as keeping methods...often underling issues is the cause and not a thing we can do about it...sadly......

Again sorry for your loss...
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:54 PM   #17 
gbose

LionMom,

Sorry about your loss. Can't understand it either.....just bad luck, I guess.

GB
gbose is offline   Reply With Quote