Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-05-2011, 09:48 AM   #1 
Ivrks97

My betta has a lump

I saw 1 post but the picture didn't look like my betta. My betta is male and I also had another but he died. I got both of my bettas from wal-mart, 1 blue and the other a red crowntail. The Blue 1 died I think last night. The red 1 has been pretty happy but when I leave him alone without looking at him or getting to close to the tank he flips on his side and just lays there. When I got him his "tank thingy"was dirty and I read when bettas are happy they make bubbles. The blue 1 was but the red 1 hasn't made any. I bought a small tank and had another separate tank. I put the red one in the new tank. The tank is I'm guessing about half a gallon and it has a built in place for a light bulb which I put in and a pump. I put some sea shells that I found at the beach and I washed them off and then put them in to hold down the part for the filter thing. He seems ok but he has this weird lump between his pectoral fins I think that's what they're called and it looks painful to me. I bought some betta food at wal-mart that says it helps colour but I give him a pinch of it every other day. I don't want to over feed him. I also own now 6 turtles, 2yellow bellies and 4 red ears. I've had them for years now but this is the second time I've had bettas. I changed the whole tank water instead if a little. Please give as much help as u can. Thx Ivey
Ivrks97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:35 AM   #2 
Sakura8

Welcome to the forum Ivey. Can you fill out the sticky at the top of the thread? That will help us help you. And if you can a pic of this lump would be really helpful. I'm sorry to hear that one of your bettas didn't make it but that's, sadly, pretty usual with Wal-Mart bettas.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote