I forgot 'cause my kittens distracted me with cuddles /legitimate excuse
Acceptable excuse. SEEMS LEGIT.
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:41 AM   #1502 
PewPewPew

Seems legit.
omg gotta stop with these XD

I have a question.

Baller's seemingly gotten over his horrible bout with resistant fin rot. Yay!

But Im still very nervous, so Id like to treat him with Jungle Fungus Cure for a bit for the rot, after he's been on Maracyn.

Should I?
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:45 AM   #1503 
bahamut285

Why does "Jungle Fungus Cure" sound like one of those exotic drinks that you will regret drinking after finding a strange woman/man in your bed the next morning?

No? Is that just me? >_>

WELL, looks like I need some sleep *coughs awkwardly and leaves*
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:49 AM   #1504 
PewPewPew

Ughh, eww.

Nah, its pretty good stuff! Its srsbsns, and actually gets my (rare) seal of approval.

I just dont wanna hit him too hard or anything, even though he's feeling pretty good, eating, swimming, all happy. I realllyyy dont want that psycho rot to come back,though.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:00 AM   #1505 
nel3

is there any difference between goldfish bowl conditioner and betta water conditioner? the goldfish conditioner deals with ammonia and chlorine while nutrafin betta conditioner doesnt seem to bother neutralizing ammonia. im asking bc thats the remaining stock i have with 1 betta conditioner. after that i'll get prime conditioner if goldfish bowl conditioner is insufficient.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:12 AM   #1506 
inkrealm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut285 View Post
Why does "Jungle Fungus Cure" sound like one of those exotic drinks that you will regret drinking after finding a strange woman/man in your bed the next morning?

No? Is that just me? >_>

WELL, looks like I need some sleep *coughs awkwardly and leaves*

oh geeze it does actually D: -beats head against desk- DX
that amused me ;-;"

but yeah, I heard it's supposed to be good x3
on the other hand they say don't use it unless you HAVE to. and that large water changes every day are better.
but if it was SUPER bad it might be different.... MAYBE, I'm not sure ><
you might ask OFL, I have a feeling she'd say just water changes though... if he's healed up he should be alright.... lots of water changes, good feeding, if you do only use pellets maybe substitute some freeze-dried bloodworms for nutrients and whatnot... and keep the current way down for fragile fins, my little guy had a tear that was almost healed up and the water evaporated a little low and caused a strong current and it ripped back D: so watch that. but he should be better if he's on the mend :D watch closely ^-^
inkrealm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:19 AM   #1507 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
is there any difference between goldfish bowl conditioner and betta water conditioner? the goldfish conditioner deals with ammonia and chlorine while nutrafin betta conditioner doesnt seem to bother neutralizing ammonia. im asking bc thats the remaining stock i have with 1 betta conditioner. after that i'll get prime conditioner if goldfish bowl conditioner is insufficient.
Usually, no. Conditioner is conditioner. If it removes chlorine at least and better yet heavy metals, its doing its job.

However, that goldfish stuff you seem to have found has some sort of ammonia neutralizer l=much like Prime does. Most products dont do that, so its nice.
If it removes the chlorine and heavy metals, its good. If it also removes ammonia, well then! Its even better.

Once you run out, Prime is a great option. You can use either conditioner just fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkrealm View Post
oh geeze it does actually D: -beats head against desk- DX
that amused me ;-;"

but yeah, I heard it's supposed to be good x3
on the other hand they say don't use it unless you HAVE to. and that large water changes every day are better.
but if it was SUPER bad it might be different.... MAYBE, I'm not sure ><
you might ask OFL, I have a feeling she'd say just water changes though... if he's healed up he should be alright.... lots of water changes, good feeding, if you do only use pellets maybe substitute some freeze-dried bloodworms for nutrients and whatnot... and keep the current way down for fragile fins, my little guy had a tear that was almost healed up and the water evaporated a little low and caused a strong current and it ripped back D: so watch that. but he should be better if he's on the mend :D watch closely ^-^
I had him on an aggressive salt regimen, but this rot was progressed through an injury to the point where it didnt cut it. Poor guy's fins were gnawed away.
Im nervous about this awful strain because of how aggressive it was, and want it to be DONE and not come back! D;

If I did* do it, Id wait a few days for him to just have clean water.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:00 AM   #1508 
Punki

Is it safe to dose water with prime and 24 hours later add clear water? The chemicals wont be too much for a betta?
Also when using prime its dosage is for huge tanks. How many drops would i need per 1 gallon jug?
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:12 AM   #1509 
Neil D

Okay. So I put the AQ salt in a 1G bucket and mixed it really well. And shook it to the best of my ability. (bucket, and it is dechlor) So when I come back from school I'll put my betta in his QT jug (attached to side of tank). Should I acclimate him?
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:02 AM   #1510 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punki View Post
Is it safe to dose water with prime and 24 hours later add clear water? The chemicals wont be too much for a betta?
Also when using prime its dosage is for huge tanks. How many drops would i need per 1 gallon jug?
2 drops per gallon
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote