Old 06-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #1511 
Punki

Thank you!
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:19 PM   #1512 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
Usually, no. Conditioner is conditioner. If it removes chlorine at least and better yet heavy metals, its doing its job.

However, that goldfish stuff you seem to have found has some sort of ammonia neutralizer l=much like Prime does. Most products dont do that, so its nice.
If it removes the chlorine and heavy metals, its good. If it also removes ammonia, well then! Its even better.

Once you run out, Prime is a great option. You can use either conditioner just fine.
thank you, its just what i had expected that it could replace betta conditioner. i could use it now with no issues now. last water change i did yesterday used the proper betta conditioner (5ml=.5 gal) if not a tiny bit less. the rest was 1/4 cap of goldfish conditioner for the ammonia (5ml/ .5 cap full= 2gal). didnt notice the chlorine properties on it at the time. can too much conditioner be harmful? how long should i wait to drop the fish in the tank once a concentrated conditioner is used?
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #1513 
Neil D

Do I need to acclimate my betta to water with AQ salt for fin rot treatment??
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:16 PM   #1514 
bettafish15

Yeah, I would, just to be on the safe side. Him being in shock wont help him heal any faster :P
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:53 PM   #1515 
Neil D

Okay he is in his QT container! There is a towel covering his tank so it is dark to speed recovery! I am planning this treatment for 10 - 14 days.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:54 PM   #1516 
PewPewPew

Nel3, no, not really, or at least not with how much you did. I might suggest maybe more gradually introducing the goldfish one, because its a big change :) so less of the gold fish for a few times to help the fish adjust better to it, then itll be fine.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:58 PM   #1517 
nel3

Quote:
Nel3, no, not really, or at least not with how much you did. I might suggest maybe more gradually introducing the goldfish one, because its a big change :) so less of the gold fish for a few times to help the fish adjust better to it, then itll be fine.
ty, the betta conditioner is still 80% full so the transition should be easy enough without purchasing a new one. would a transition be good between goldfish conditioner and prime be as useful?
Old 06-08-2011, 01:12 AM   #1518 
PewPewPew

How do you mean?
When switching conditioners, regardless of what it is (unless the same kind/brand), its good to wean them off it.
So, if you're planning on going to prime at some point, I almost wanna suggest just switching now to avoid having to re-wean :o
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:30 AM   #1519 
nel3

Quote:
How do you mean?
When switching conditioners, regardless of what it is (unless the same kind/brand), its good to wean them off it.
So, if you're planning on going to prime at some point, I almost wanna suggest just switching now to avoid having to re-wean :o
its just a thoery atm but i'll change the water and only use betta conditioner to check if it idnt as agressive. i'll see how well it reacts to betta conditioner + %10-15 goldfish conditioner and go to prime once the betta conditioner is done for. the fish usually coils up once or twice when i fed it, usually it just calmly approached the foor before eating it. its like its on red bull being extra aware attacking anything dropped in or near the top of the tank. if this is how my fish reacts to a different conditioner, how long would it usually take to get used to a different conditioner especially if goldfish conditioner is only 20% concentrated as prime?

i plan to put it in a 1 gal tank that has a light on it. not sure how much heat it'll add but it has no heater. the water level is 4inches on the .5gal and 7-8 inches on hte 1gal. i'll probably start with 6' of water and then go full height.

Last edited by nel3; 06-08-2011 at 01:42 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:31 AM   #1520 
bahamut285

My friend's boyfriend recently revealed to me that he has a betta. However it's in one of those Marina Zen tanks, no heater, probably in something like 0.5 Gallons or less. The catch being...this blue VT is almost 3 years old now O.O

This guy is one of those typical betta keepers in that Zen tank and changing the water 100% once a week.

Query: Lucky fish? Or just a very resilient fish...I've seen him, he seems fairly active in whatever space he has, reacts to almost every stimuli possible (both swimming around and/or flaring), loves pellets, bloodworms and long walks on the beach
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote