Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-08-2011, 11:41 AM   #1 
Twilight Storm

New Budgie

Meet Peanut

I am fairly sure she is a little female, although it's hard to tell since she/he is still so young. I have had her since June 3rd and she already steps up onto my finger and lets me kiss her on the beak. She is a little cutie. Since she is probably female it is almost fully unlikely she will ever talk but that doesn't bother me. She wasn't very impressed with the flash on the camera though lol.
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:56 AM   #2 
vaygirl

Oh. How cute! I had budgies a while back. Totally miss the singing. Peanut is adorable!!!! I love her!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:28 PM   #3 
SillyCone

Huh.. I've heard once that female budgies have pink noses and males blue ones... Not sure now though >_>
SillyCone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:32 PM   #4 
vaygirl

I've read the same. I thought he was probably a boy. That's better anyway. Boys aren't likely to get eggbound, which is much better. And Peanut is a good name for either a boy or a girl. :D
Old 06-08-2011, 12:44 PM   #5 
SillyCone

haha sure is :D

Peanut makes me remember bulldogs for some weird reason... Although I never met any bulldog with that name.. LOL!
SillyCone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:54 PM   #6 
Twilight Storm

It's pretty hard to tell when they are this young. His/Her cere is actually mostly pink, with some red and blue in it at the moment. (The picture does make it look blue though! Talking would be a bonus!)

She is a pretty quiet budgie at the moment but Peanut seems to be bi-lingual. She picked up cockatiel while she was at the pet store waiting to go to a home LOL. It was quite a shock when I was woken up by a loud cockatiel screaming it's head off!! I want to take some more pictures today when I have access to a digital camera. I will also snap a couple pictures of my Bettas I never got to photograph yet! ;)

@Sillycone- I do have dogs, not bulldogs, but I will let you know if Peanut starts barking. LOL.

And ty Vaygirl, Peanut really is a sweet bird. She/he was already checking out my Bettas in the 10 gallon. They really didn't care about the bird though since birds don't = food. ;)

Last edited by Twilight Storm; 06-08-2011 at 12:57 PM. Reason: forgot
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:01 PM   #7 
vaygirl

Aw, a cockatiel budgie! <3 That's too cute. Can't wait for more pics. I miss my budgies.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:46 PM   #8 
peaches3221

awww! she's so cute! my cousins have like 5 budgies, and sometimes they let them out of the cage, but they are trained so they don't leave the room... they perch on the cage or on the windowsill.

is she your only budgie? I've heard they like company, so you might want to get peanut a friend or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Storm View Post
She is a pretty quiet budgie at the moment but Peanut seems to be bi-lingual. She picked up cockatiel while she was at the pet store waiting to go to a home LOL. It was quite a shock when I was woken up by a loud cockatiel screaming it's head off!!
LOL
peaches3221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:41 PM   #9 
pinksnowme

Pretty Peanut! If it has some white rings around the cere then it is closer to being a female
I have 2 males Captain and Cloud
Captain was like your Peanut in that when I brought him home he was "speaking" canary! He is good at languages and speaks sparrow and Linneolated and English! Cloud is shy and doesnt talk much.
I like your Peanut!
pinksnowme is offline   Reply With Quote