Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-06-2011, 10:26 PM   #1 
TonyK

Plants and LED lights

I am setting up a 5 gallon aquarium. I would like to do live plants. Will the LED lights give off enough light for plants to thrive? If so, what kind of plants should I go with.

Here is the link to the tank I am setting up
http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=2752372
TonyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:13 AM   #2 
Wyvern

I know of a fair few people who are switching over to LED lights if their tanks allow it because its energy efficient and it looks amazing. I had a friend look at that tank you linked and he said as long as you stick to low light plants you shouldnt have any issues at all. There is a thread somewhere here about various plants. Have a look and start playing!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:47 PM   #3 
Lion Mom

I have a 2 gal. with LED lights with some java moss, java fern & anubius & the plants seem to be fine.

That tank is AWESOME looking!!! Wish I weren't so strapped for cash right now. My son got married this past Saturday and YIKES!!!! Worth it, though, lovely girl & GREAT wedding!!! :)
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:01 PM   #4 
phoenix91

My 3 gallon has LEDs and my amazon sword is growing like a weed, i actually have the 3 g version of the above tank. it's an awesome tank! I've just switched over my new 5 g to LED's but it looks like i'll be tearing that tank down soon and moving the LEDs over to a 20g. I think they look great and don't get as hot as regular tank lights.
phoenix91 is offline   Reply With Quote