Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-08-2011, 02:43 PM   #1 
bettafish15

Question Hydor Theo Submersible 50W Heater + Filter Question

How is it? Is it good? It's adjustable, which is all I care about, and the cheapest adjustable one on that website. Does it heat your tank, have you had any problems with it? Overheating, underheating, not turning on? Will it heat to about 80?

Thanks ^^ I've only ever used Hagen Elite heaters, which are fabulous btw, however they arent on that website. :/

Also, I'm looking to save money here, so I'll be getting a super cheap filter from that website which is rated for up to 3 gallons, and I will be using it in a 10g. There will be just a betta in the tank, maybe eventually some cories, but a filter is a filter, right? I can stuff it with media, plus it'll have room to grow that good stuff on the baffles. :P What do you guys think?

Oh, plus since it's rated for a smaller tank, the flow will be really low. :D
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:43 PM   #2 
Sweeda88

I have the 25 watt, and just ordered the 50 watt. In my opinion, they are great heaters. I love them. Cories are sensitive, so you NEED to get a filter made for a 10 gallon. Not all filters are created equal. I like the Aqua Tech filters they sell at walmart. You can get one for $11.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #3 
bettafish15

I'm glad the heaters are good ^^ Yeah, you're right, when (and if) I get cories I will upgrade to a 10g filter.

I'll be in a petstore when I get the cories anyway, so I will get one then. My tank will have time to cycle too by the time I get to a city to get the cories and the filter, so I'll put the 3g filter media in the new filter along with new media when the time comes.

I don't have a walmart or any other store like that here, I am in a seriously small town, hence why I'm ordering online :) Thank you for your advice ^^
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:21 PM   #4 
Sweeda88

You're welcome!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:48 AM   #5 
Bettawolf19

They are amazing. I have one for my ten gallon and it works wonderfully. Keeps the temperature perfect as well :) It has never over heated and I've had it for a year now. Then again all my heaters are Hydor :) I have 1 50 watt and 1 7.5 watt. I love them.
Bettawolf19 is offline   Reply With Quote