Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-07-2011, 10:14 PM   #911 
TheCrysCat

Ditto DQ. I am so ecstatic. They came out with a new chapter of one of my favorite mangas.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:58 PM   #912 
Betta Slave

Bwahhh. Forgot Murdoc's birthday... was on the 6th. HAPPY 45TH BIRFDAY :D

Anyyywayyyy... writing fanfiction at the moment (which happens to be about Murdoc XP), and relaxing, which I haven't had much time to do all week... I hate finals.

Last edited by Betta Slave; 06-09-2011 at 09:05 PM.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:23 PM   #913 
Arashi Takamine

Went to Five Below (the local awesome store stocked with the goods for summer and Otaku's.) Got Pocky, some Ramune soda and Iwako Erasers. (Currently just finished putting them with my BJD's.)

They are so awesome! The ramen ones open and smaller erasers that look like noodles are inside!
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:25 PM   #914 
Neil D

Okay...I just got back from 6 flags. And graduation is tmrw! Ahhhh!
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:58 AM   #915 
JKfish

congrats neil!

I'm back~ I had a wonderful time, got closer to god (I'm on a jesus high or something XD ), spent a lot of time with new friends, got a tan (yaaaaaaay!), and other stuff. But something is wrong with Tux... his tail has gotten shorter and it looks like a mild case of fin rot or tail biting D: . He's going into a qt with aq salt tonight when I do my water change to set him in the direction of healing.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #916 
Neil D

I did AQ for 4 days then gave up. Im gonna restart in 2 weeks and just do water changes for now. Hey if we go out on vacation or something, were gonna need someone to care for our fish and guinea pig. Tell me if im missing any thing:

Animal Care Instructions
Please follow these instructions for the proper care of
Josh, the Betta Fish and Splee, the Guinea Pig.

Betta Fish Care

Depending how long we are gone, the Caretaker will have to perform water changes and feedings. To make these tasks simple, all the supplies will be found in the cabinet under the tank.

What will be required:

• 2 light blue buckets, One dark blue bucket
  • 1 gravel siphon
  • water conditioner
  • TetraColor pellets

Feeding: At least 3 times a week, the betta, Josh, needs to be fed. All that needs to be done is to drop 3 pellets into the tank via the hatch on top. Drop the pellets in one at a time and ensure that he eats.

Water Changes: Once every two weeks Josh’s water needs to be changed. There should already be water in two buckets with water in them. Only 50% of the water needs to be removed from the tank. Josh may stay in the tank during this change. To do this:

Flip the red-lit switch at the bottom left corner of cabinet to turn off all tank
equipment before starting water change.

• Find the dark blue bucket.
  • Remove the gravel siphon from the cabinet below the tank
  • Place the small end of the hose into dark bucket
  • Move the large end of the hose up and down in the tank to start the suction
  • Once suction has started, poke the siphon around in the gravel to remove any particles. BE SURE NOT TO TOUCH JOSH WITH THE SIPHON!
  • Once the bucket is filled to the line that says 4 gallons, remove the large end of the siphon from tank
  • Allow water to drain from the siphon
  • Empty the dirty water into bathtub
  • Empty the clean water into the tank from the light blue buckets very slowly.
  • Re-adjust any tank decor

• Flip the switch at the bottom left corner of the tank to turn on all tank
  • equipment. The light should be red. Add water to the filter to restart flow.

Guinea Pig Care

Depending how long we are gone, the Caretaker will have to perform bedding changes and feedings. To make these tasks simple, all the supplies will be found in the cabinet under the cage.
What will be required:

• paper bag
  • dust pan
  • pellet food
  • water in his bottle

Feeding: At least 3 times a week, the guinea pig, Splee, needs to be fed. All that needs to be done is to ensure that there is food in his bowl and water in his bottle. If the amount of pellets in his bowl is dwindling, add more from the pellet bag under his cage. If the water is below ˝ full, remove it from the side of his cage and refill it by removing the lid and filling it with cold water. Carrots may be fed during your visits. They will be in the refrigerator.

Changing the Bedding:Once every two weeks Splee’s bedding must be changed. Splee must be removed and placed on top of the cage. To clean his cage:

• Remove all décor and his food bowl.
  • Open the paper bag
  • Use the dust pan located under the cage to scoop the dirty bedding into the bag
  • Once the dirty bedding is in the bag, add the new bedding, which should already be in a bag.
  • Pat the new bedding down. Add all décor back into the cage, including food bowl and Splee.
  • Change the water in his bottle.
  • Optional: Give him a carrot for being good

If these steps are followed, the care of these animals will be a snap. If for any reason you cannot contact me, please refer to the following sites for help:

Betta Fish: www.bettafish.com

Guinea Pigs: www.guinealynx.com
OR
www.cavycages.com

Please note that some of the figures for water and bedding changes have been changed to make it simpler for the Caretaker.

Some Common Fish Illnesses:

Ick: White, salt-like spots on body

Fin-Rot: Black coloring on fins, fins shortening

Pine-coning: raised scales

If any of these symptoms are noticed, immediately move Josh into the Quarantine (QT) Jug and hang it on the side of the tank. Then go to www.bettafish.com to find the treatments. Most of the treatments will use Aquarium Salt. The recommended dosage is ˝ tsp for every ˝ gallon. The QT Jug is ˝ a gallon. To ask questions register on the forum (it’s free and secure) or use my account:

Username: Neil D
Password:_____*

*password will be given to Caretaker upon accepting care duties
Common Guinea Pig Issues

Excess Nose and Eye*Run Off
Excessive Scratching*
Excessive Sneezing

If these symptoms are noticed, refer to www.guinealynx.com or www.cavycages.com.

*White fluid in the eyes is normal. This is to clean the eye.
*Occasionally guinea pigs will get up on their hind legs and clean themselves. This is normal.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:40 AM   #917 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfish View Post
congrats neil!

I'm back~ I had a wonderful time, got closer to god (I'm on a jesus high or something XD ), spent a lot of time with new friends, got a tan (yaaaaaaay!), and other stuff. But something is wrong with Tux... his tail has gotten shorter and it looks like a mild case of fin rot or tail biting D: . He's going into a qt with aq salt tonight when I do my water change to set him in the direction of healing.

I'm glad you had a wonderful time. I'm sorry about Tux but I'm sure he'll be better in no time. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 04:58 PM   #918 
Betta Slave

I've had SUCH a good day!!

Went out this morning to take a look at a horse for sale. I rode him around and honestly I haven't felt so confident on a horse since my big fall. He's such a cutie pie. He's a Morgan called Sparky, 15.2 hh roughly, been shown in hunter/jumper halter, driving classes, etc. 14 years old. :) Brought a horse-pro friend along, and he can find no faults whatsoever with Sparky... and said that if we didn't buy him, he would. XD So we've emailed our coach and some other horse-loving friends and if everyone approves it looks like I might be getting a horse in a few weeks <3
Old 06-11-2011, 05:00 PM   #919 
TheCrysCat

That's sooper dooper awesome :D
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:32 PM   #920 
Betta Slave

Eeeeeh <3 I'm really excited. My hopes aren't up too high, but I think my coach will approve... everyone else has! Just waiting for a response.

I'd post pics of him but for some reason the website won't let me copy or save any pics. Sooo his color is kinda like this. Kinda. It's prettier. And his face is much cuter and he has big doe eyes and his mane is lovely and thick. :P And he's extremely big-boned.

Last edited by Betta Slave; 06-11-2011 at 05:37 PM.

Tags
ಠ_ಠ dat face, +1 to niall :d, bloo was here, dobby likes socks, dolphins!, dq is the best mod, dq tags are lies, draco likes pliers, ewe i feel like a walrus, feed me, fishman is back!, guinea pig, harry's hair is pillow, i hate haters, i know where you live..., i like teenagers!, i like trains!, i love harry styles, lol. somebody likes me., neil is nice. :), niall horan is awesome!, niall is my husband!!!!, nutella, splee, whale