Well, I have a male betta in a bowl. All details below (if I miss out on anything, please ask).
What size is your tank? 5 litre
What temperature is your tank? 79-82 °F
Does your tank have a filter? No.
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? No.
Is your tank heated? No.
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? None.
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? Micro-pellets and Bloodworms alternatively.
How often do you feed your betta fish? Once daily.
How often do you perform a water change? Once a week. And I add a few drops of the water conditioner to around 100ml of water and add that to the bowl on the 4th day after water change to neutralize ammonia build up.
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 20%
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? Water conditioner to remove Ammonia, Chlorine and Chloramine.
My questions are:
1. Can this setup handle a 1-1.5 inch ghost shrimp?
2. Will the ghost shrimp keep the tank clean?
3. Will I need to add a live plant for the shrimp, or should I feed the shrimp with pellets?
4. If the setup is not suitable, what should I change to accommodate the shrimp?
5. Is there any way in which the shrimp can harm/kill my betta? (My betta is not so aggressive.)
6. Should I put in small hiding places for the shrimp if the betta decides to pick on him/her?
I know that's a lot of questions, thanks for taking the time to answer and help me out! :) I'll appreciate any advice you can provide. Thanks!