Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-10-2011, 11:37 PM   #1 
plad556

Question Mystery snail?

So i bought 20 mystery snails and 10 r in a 10 gal tank and other 10 in a 20 gal tank with live plants and rocks.
My 10 gal tanks is for my females but there not in there yet since one of my fav died very sad day. But today i was looking at the 10 gal tank and there was baby snails and i no mystery snail lay eggs above the water and there has not been any of those ( i have only had them for 5 days). Before i had them i had pond snails as big as a pea they laid eggs in the water so i gave them to my brother to feed to his gold fish and there was little egg this so i washed out the tank good and i thought i got them all so i must have missed some. Long story short will my mystery snail eat they are bigger than a Nickle ( the myster snails) and the baby pond snail are no bigger thank * that star thing . I was wondering if they wold eat them.
I might be rong because i got plants from the same person so they might be baby mystery snails i am not sure. But i have not see any in my other tank with the same plants
WHat do u think
HElp and thank
plad556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:25 PM   #2 
alidawn15

I hope you have good filters on those tanks.
alidawn15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:53 PM   #3 
plad556

I i have sponge filters in each tank do i need better one's and y
Old 06-12-2011, 11:50 PM   #4 
alidawn15

It's recommended to have 2.5 gallons of water per snail because of the amount of waste they produce. I'm not sure a sponge filter would be strong enough. Lupin is the person to talk to about snails. Could you post a picture of the snails you're wondering about?
alidawn15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:23 AM   #5 
plad556

Yup i will try to because some r very tinny and if they are pond snails i have to get rid of them fast because they will tank over my tank