Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-12-2011, 07:49 PM   #11 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

cajunamy,

OT comment:

Have I told you your betta avatar fish is so totally awesome!?

*Return to thread topic*
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:30 PM   #12 
Tikibirds

i went to walmart today just to look. The one betta they had was dead and rotting
I take my dog into petco every day because he likes to go "shoppylifting", there were some there that I wanted but lack of funds preventing me from getting the one i wanted. He was a red and white Double Tail and has serious fin issues.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:33 PM   #13 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhondabelle View Post
*sigh* Try working in a pet store. I've been back to work for two months and have 4 bettas. What makes it even worse is that when fish orders come in I'm the one who deals with the bettas *facepalm*
Ouch. But considering it's been two months and you only have four bettas, that's pretty good. Buuuut, the good thing about you working at a pet store is that the bettas have someone who is knowledgeable to deal with them. So those are lucky bettas.

Quick update: still no clue what color she is. Now she kinda looks rusty black-gray. She's still shy so I don't too much of her but I think she ate the bloodworms I left in the tank for her. My male got sick last night so I wasn't able to spend as much time with my new girl as I normally would have. She's spunky though, already tried to jump out while I was changing her water.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:34 PM   #14 
Sakura8

I think we need to set up a hotline, you know that? When one of us is about to purchase yet another betta we don't have money or room for, we call the number and someone gently counsels us out of it.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:41 PM   #15 
Tisia

I found the cutest little girly today and couldn't resist >_> lol
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:21 PM   #16 
newf

Aww..well I am glad she found you for a home. I know she will get great care with you.

I have avoided the fish section at Walmart since bringing home Chai Li. I just can't stand going in there and looking at all those poor fish having to live like that. Makes me so angry.

I can't wait to see pics of your new fish!
newf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:12 AM   #17 
LeroyTheBetta

Good luck with the new fishy sakura! Looking forward to a photo when she shows her colours!

I agree with the "too many pets hotline"! I've got 2 dogs, a cat, 6 budgies, 7 canaries, a cockatiel, 17 fish (NOT including 14 six day-old molly fry), and a shrimp!

And cajunamy, I was going to say the exact same thing as fishyfishy did.... your avatar is hella cool!
LeroyTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:49 AM   #18 
Sakura8

Thank you! I can't wait until she settles in and I can see what color she'll be. I think she's a veiltail but I'm not sure, her tail's a little ragged. Her anal fin is pretty messed up too but it's not infected so that's good.

I went back to Petsmart today to get some sand and I managed to walk out with just the sand, a net breeder, and some frozen daphnia. No fish! But I did check on the pretty girl I put back last night and she's still there, all clamped up. My resolve is weakening . . . soon I'll make up an excuse to go back to Petsmart and just happen to pick up another fish . . . and a hamster or two. Quick, someone set up that hotline now!
Old 06-13-2011, 01:59 AM   #19 
bahamut285

This is a tad late but I think most people recommend one TEASPOON/gallon

(somebody please correct me oh god *hides*)
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:01 AM   #20 
bahamut285

Also to be fair, if they didn't need heaters, I would have 100 betta right now >w>

Yesyes I know I can just get a huge tank and split it but I have no space. I'd probably be willing to do 100 daily water changes for all the 1Gals I will have *HORRIBLE*
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese