Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-13-2011, 03:21 AM   #21 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut285 View Post
This is a tad late but I think most people recommend one TEASPOON/gallon

(somebody please correct me oh god *hides*)
I'm now officially confused (don't worry though, I'm a frequent visitor to this state). Good news is I haven't put any salt in yet. I thought I'd wait a day and let her settle in more.

Haha, if they could get along and live together, I'd have a hundred now. Every available surface is now covered in books and aquariums and cats. I'm pondering if I really need clothes that bad or if I can get rid of my dresser and put a bookshelf and a big aquarium there. Sure, I can live in a bathrobe, I don't mind. Anything for my fish and books and cats.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:27 AM   #22 
fightergirl2710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Yup, sign me up, I think I need the extra extensive therapy program And my local Petco has a special room for a cat rescue society so I cruise by there all the time also . . . little more self control there because I already have 8 cats. But it sure does get hard to resist. One thing I'll never bring home: snakes or lizards.

Actually, fightergirl, I'm hoping my new girl turns out to look like the one in your avatar. Her fins seem like they may be reddish but her body is dark so I'm hoping it'll be blue or green. She still looks like a danio right now, though.

TwilightNite, I almost did. I actually put back the second girl while they were ringing me up. She was in a much better condition and I thought, "Okay, she's pretty so she has a good chance of being adopted but this ragged girl here needs a home now."

But the bad news is I have to go back to that Petsmart to get some sand . . .
Wow 8 cats! Sigh I want a cat but sadly all my other pets would make nice snacks for one. Maybe all of us can start therapy centers in our localities :P
How is the girl doing now? I really like Cleo's colouring (avatar), she has this sheen of purple which didn't come out in the picture. I hope her colours have come out now and hopefully like the ones you want =). Poor thing, I bet she'll turn out really pretty!

Quote:
I went back to Petsmart today to get some sand and I managed to walk out with just the sand, a net breeder, and some frozen daphnia. No fish! But I did check on the pretty girl I put back last night and she's still there, all clamped up. My resolve is weakening . . . soon I'll make up an excuse to go back to Petsmart and just happen to pick up another fish . . . and a hamster or two. Quick, someone set up that hotline now!
No you must control! You're doing so well! You can get a friend to buy her, maybe? Spread the bug? =DI know how you feel though, I saw a very pretty butterfly halfmoon in a lfs (which is very rare here) a few weeks ago, he was amazing but poor guy had little bumps on his mouth and was in a tiny bowl with an inch of water that was so murky, the guy put in more water from another tank so it would get diluted and I could see him! I wanted to take him home so bad! But he was 500INR and that is way too expensive for something that might just die the next day. But I still feel bad about not getting him :(
I can't set up a hotline all the way here! It would be too expensive to call :P
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:29 AM   #23 
fightergirl2710

Quote:
Sure, I can live in a bathrobe, I don't mind. Anything for my fish and books and cats.
So true... Soo true!
Old 06-13-2011, 03:30 AM   #24 
bahamut285

Haha yeah I'm starting to regret having brought so many of my stuffed animals (I'M A GIRL, ANY AGE IS ALLOWED, LOL) taking up space on my bookcase in my apartment. Also not to mention my apartment is not that great (it's an old building that's just cleaned up after people move out) so there are not many plugs anywhere. None of the plugs in my room make ANY sense, it's like the electrician was trolling everybody.

To be honest though, I'd be a little wary of putting that much weight onto it, it's just a flimsy thing to put things on. Book go at the bottom obviously as physics enjoys.
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:44 AM   #25 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightergirl2710 View Post
Wow 8 cats! Sigh I want a cat but sadly all my other pets would make nice snacks for one. Maybe all of us can start therapy centers in our localities :P
How is the girl doing now? I really like Cleo's colouring (avatar), she has this sheen of purple which didn't come out in the picture. I hope her colours have come out now and hopefully like the ones you want =). Poor thing, I bet she'll turn out really pretty!

No you must control! You're doing so well! You can get a friend to buy her, maybe? Spread the bug? =DI know how you feel though, I saw a very pretty butterfly halfmoon in a lfs (which is very rare here) a few weeks ago, he was amazing but poor guy had little bumps on his mouth and was in a tiny bowl with an inch of water that was so murky, the guy put in more water from another tank so it would get diluted and I could see him! I wanted to take him home so bad! But he was 500INR and that is way too expensive for something that might just die the next day. But I still feel bad about not getting him :(
I can't set up a hotline all the way here! It would be too expensive to call :P
500INR, about $11 here. Man, that's so sad that these businesses get these gorgeous and rare fish in only to take such poor care of them that they die. Not only is it inhumane, that's bad business! How can you make money when your merchandise is dead?

8 cats. All strays that just happened to show up on the front porch. Or the back porch. I literally have a sign that says "No Vacancy" now in case the cats can read. And out of the 8, only one cat cares about the fish. He loves to stare at them. And stare at them. And stare . . .

My new girl is still shy and still some undescribable blackish grayish purple red color. She kinda looks like a bruise right now :p I named her Rags to Riches, after a horse who won the Belmont Stakes (big horse race) in 2008, only the second female to ever win that race. And I'm hoping it'll be prophetic. Maybe she'll be the most beautiful of all.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:45 AM   #26 
fightergirl2710

I have loads of floorspace but a lack of tables and shelves, most of my shelves already have various tanks and books. I had to get a stand built for my turtle's 75gallon... I also have the plug problem but plan to get lots of extension cords and make sure there are no fire hazards... Somehow. -_-'
Old 06-13-2011, 03:48 AM   #27 
Sakura8

Where there's a will (and a fish that needs a home) there's a way.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:55 AM   #28 
bahamut285

Yeah plugs are a big problem...XD
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:58 AM   #29 
fightergirl2710

I know it doesn't make sense does it? At least for the sake of business take care of the fish! Maybe they have more supply compared to demand and it doesn't matter if a few die :( I'm sure it mustn't be making a dent on their profits.
Lol! My art teacher had that problem with dogs, they would come to her house everyday and she would feed them, didn't stay with her though and sometimes they brought their sick friends along. She would have all sorts of doggie meds in her house :)
I would get really freaked out with cats in the house, there's a fish store I know where the guy has 6 cats + kittens, all Persians and they don't bother the fish but they always look like they're planning something.. Really! :O
I like the name, it is very prophetic! I can't wait to see how she turns out. :) Pictures!!!
I suck at naming things. I named my first mice Dumbass and Fatass lol !
Old 06-13-2011, 04:09 AM   #30 
Sakura8

I make sure the lids are on tight on my tanks and when my one cat gets too excited and starts pawing at the side of the tank, I scold him and sometimes squirt him with water. He's learning to keep his paws to himself.

Dumbass and Fatass. Haha, and did they live up to their names?

Pics as soon as she stops hiding in her plants. Unless everyone wants to see a great pic of some cheap plastic plants. The only one who likes the camera is my guy Sherman. He poses for it, I swear. Fluffs his tail out and everything. Goldikova gets stress stripes as soon as she sees a camera.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese