Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? No
Is your tank heated? Yes
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? total of 7 Girls 2 Snails

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? New Life Spectrum Betta Pellets
How often do you feed your betta fish? 1 once a Day 4 tablets per fish

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? once every 2 - 2 1/2
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 100%
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? BettaSafe Fiz Tablets

Water Parameters:

pH: around 6.2

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? No
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? No
When did you start noticing the symptoms? Morning 6/13
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? No, Removed from 14g Sority to 1g....
Does your fish have any history of being ill? NO
How old is your fish (approximately)?ive had the fish for several months, unsure of exact age, was a petco fish

i noticed this morning while turning the lights on that i ahve a girl that when she stops swimming goes vertical with her but floating down and face up, she was not like this yesterday after i did the water change this is something that has manifested itself over night....

she does not seem to have difficulties swimming or breathing, she is currently in the 1g tank for observation.... also noticed if she lays on the bottom she seems to lay to one side more....

she does have a slightly bloated belly, so im hoping thats it, im going to fast her for a day or 2 and see if that helps the issue a day or two...

any suggestions as to what to look for or how to handle this and as to what im looking at...?...
roypattonphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:05 PM   #2 
fishman12

Yes, fast her and start an Epsom salt treatment. I don't know the dosage for it but you can PM Oldfishlady to get it. Epsom salt can be found at grocery stores in the pharmacy area
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:24 PM   #3 
Oldfishlady

That is what I would do for buoyancy problems...QT and Epsom salt 2tsp/gal, tannins along with 100% daily water changes with the pre-mixed treatment water for 10-14 days...cover the top of the QT with plastic veggie wrap to retain the heat and humidity for the labyrinth....

Pre-mixed treatment water in a 1gal jug of dechlorinated water-add the Epsom salt 2tsp/gal, tannins-either IAL or dried oak leaf to steep-use this water for the 100% daily water changes for 10-14 days while in QT that is floating in the heated tank to maintain water temp in the 76-77F range....

Fast for the first 3 days-then offer small frequent meals....

Also on your 14g....I wouldn't make 100% water changes since you have a filter.......make 50% weekly with vacuum and that should maintain water quality and keep the good and bad bacteria in balance to help maintain a good/strong immune response in the Bettas....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:05 PM   #4 
roypattonphoto

well i came home from work and she is swimming and floating better, no issues of going vertical.....

could it be just the stress of being removed from the tank to the cup back to tank while water change?
roypattonphoto is offline   Reply With Quote