Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-11-2011, 09:52 PM   #31 
Sakura8

Ooh, that's a nice tank, I like the woodwork on it. Everyone will be happy in that big of a tank.

Bettas are greedy and fast little gluttons. Even tetras, as quick as they are, can't always defend their grub from a betta. Good idea to fast him if he does start to look bloated and/or just plain fat 'cause it probably does mean he's eating his food and then filling up even more on the tetras' food.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:54 AM   #32 
Bakesale

I usually feed Fred first, when the tetras get fed he sometimes goes an nibble on their food then spits it out, since I've stopped feeding him he has been eating a tiny bit of tetra food, but not alot.
Bakesale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 05:38 PM   #33 
Sakura8

How's Freddy doing? Anything changed at all?
Old 06-12-2011, 09:17 PM   #34 
Bakesale

Hes pretty much the same, I get the feeling hes not in danger of losing his life.

He seems to swim around a bit more, but he seems to still rest quite a bit.

He keeps on staying the on the side the new tank is on, maybe he can see it and he wants to know what it is. Other than that, he will still chase fish if they annoy him and he will still come up for air and food without a problem. He's still just resting around.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:34 AM   #35 
Sakura8

It's possible Freddy just needs to get some strength back. As long as you feel comfortable that he's not in any danger now, there's nothing wrong with keeping an eye on him and just waiting. I'm sure the new tank will be a big health boost for him, too.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:21 AM   #36 
Bakesale

Hopefully :) I'm going to put him in last and let my other fish ket used to it for a day, to make sure PH and ammonia levels don't spike too much.

Tanks nearly fully furbished, just got 2 or 3 plants to put in.
I've got a bit of shallow grass and some long grass that is going to go in down the back :)

Here it is nearly completed :)
Attached Images

Old 06-13-2011, 04:05 PM   #37 
turtle10

I think if you are going to put a betta in there you will need a lot more plants and hiding spots, especially if it is a community tank. Your tank is just too bare right now.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:48 PM   #38 
Sakura8

Some little rock caves would be good for the corys. They love to hide. Oh, and you may want to get some kind of floating plant for the top for Freddy to lay on. Or if you can find it in Australia, the Zoo Med Betta Log. It may be harder for Freddy to get from the bottom to the top to breathe so providing him with something to lay on near the surface will really help him.