Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-14-2011, 08:18 PM   #81 
Sakura8

That cup looks identical to the one sitting on my desk with aquarium salts dissolving in it. The one that came from a pack my mom bought at the grocery store for a party. The kind of cup you drink punch from at your prom . . . in other words, soooo not a betta cup! Bad enough they put them in cups but then to not even put them in the right cups, grrrrr.

You're right, he IS tiny. Such a soothing shade of blue, though. He looks like a comfy, broken-in pair of denim jeans. I hope he makes it. He's adorable.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:54 PM   #82 
Echo

ugh.. they were restocking the bettas when i got to PetCo, i couldn't get a shot without really torquing someone off. but i did get away with a poor, pale little thing that had been pushed back on a top shelf. he is so blanched i can see every vein and organ, and he was just laying on his side with all fins collapsed in barely an inch of water. i thought he was a VT, but he rang up as a Delta! he's too limp to be a Delta, for gossakes!! so the cashier slams him down, mutters something about top shelf bettas and rings him up as a VT. SLAMS him down! i'm surprised she didn't finish killing him!!
he's not eating, and he's kinda just drifting in the nice, sparkly 5 gallon tank that is his new home ( ), but he's upright and seemingly aware. i turned the filter and light off for now to give him some calm and quiet, and i'll see how he's doing tomorrow. hopefully his fins will perk up so i can see what he actually is. his breathing seems a bit rapid, but not gasping, and i don't see any black gills, spots or fuzzy things on him (he's so pale, ich would probably stand out like measles on an albino).
keeping my fingers crossed..
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:57 PM   #83 
Echo

oh, and Sakura8.. you are a bad influence..
Old 06-14-2011, 10:23 PM   #84 
Echo

d'oh! and here's a pic of mah new tank.. i took the bamboo out when i noticed a bit of root rot in one of the midsection rings (gonna replace it this weekend). i'll get a pic of my new boy when he's more settled and not hiding.
Attached Images

Old 06-14-2011, 11:05 PM   #85 
leoyys

Bettas are so addictive and now I've got 12 (6 boys and 6 girls)...
leoyys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:57 PM   #86 
pinksnowme

I enjoyed rading this thread very much. I need to read up more about fin rot...before it happens. So far my little guy is thriving and happy and has grown his tail 1/4inch this week.
How is your sweet zebra female?
pinksnowme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:07 AM   #87 
Arashi Takamine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
this is what Roxie came in.. i got her from PetSmart (keep in mind, though, Roxie was a bitty little thing when i got her). there's a small opening in the top for air and food, etc. PetCo's cups are roughly half this size.
That cup was the exact kind of cup my Petsmart also uses. I felt so sorry for the other betta's since Kai was the smallest one there.

Quote:
ugh.. they were restocking the bettas when i got to PetCo, i couldn't get a shot without really torquing someone off. but i did get away with a poor, pale little thing that had been pushed back on a top shelf. he is so blanched i can see every vein and organ, and he was just laying on his side with all fins collapsed in barely an inch of water. i thought he was a VT, but he rang up as a Delta! he's too limp to be a Delta, for gossakes!! so the cashier slams him down, mutters something about top shelf bettas and rings him up as a VT. SLAMS him down! i'm surprised she didn't finish killing him!!
he's not eating, and he's kinda just drifting in the nice, sparkly 5 gallon tank that is his new home ( ), but he's upright and seemingly aware. i turned the filter and light off for now to give him some calm and quiet, and i'll see how he's doing tomorrow. hopefully his fins will perk up so i can see what he actually is. his breathing seems a bit rapid, but not gasping, and i don't see any black gills, spots or fuzzy things on him (he's so pale, ich would probably stand out like measles on an albino).
I would probably have screamed at someone if they did that. Probably would have totally go bat-crazy on them letting out my...Dark side. (I can be probably someone's nightmare when I'm ticked off.)
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:12 AM   #88 
Sakura8

Quote:
oh, and Sakura8.. you are a bad influence..
Hey, if I have to suffer from this betta addiction, darn it, so does everyone else.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:15 AM   #89 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksnowme View Post
I enjoyed rading this thread very much. I need to read up more about fin rot...before it happens. So far my little guy is thriving and happy and has grown his tail 1/4inch this week.
How is your sweet zebra female?
Rags is still a zebra, the silly girl. Or a chameleon. Wait. Right now she thinks she's red. But in a minute, she'll act like maybe she'll be a green betta. Next time I look she'll have a gold tint. She's adjusting so much better than my first female did, though, so I'm happy about that. I used a turkey baster to suck up waste for the first time and she went all postal on it, biting at it like it was invading her space. The turkey baster from space!
Old 06-15-2011, 12:18 AM   #90 
Sakura8

Quote:

Aaaaaagh! If it's not okay to shake a baby, it's not okay to slam a betta down on the counter! (but it is okay to hit people who do those things) I hope that woman hasn't had kids yet, if this how she treats a poor fish. Poor little guy but now he's got a nice good home with cool digs. I'm so glad he's healthier than your other poor rescue. Is all of him pale or do you think his tail will turn a different color?

Tags
0_o, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese