Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-15-2011, 03:58 AM   #91 
fightergirl2710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
ugghh!! horrid sub-human trogs! someone needs to stuff them in a little baggie of filthy water and float them in the pacific, show them how it feels. except drop them in the midst of quite live sharks. hungry ones.
wretched beasts.
i embarrassed the PetCo store manager one afternoon.. i collected all the cups containing dead and rotting bettas (i think there were 5 or 6), deposited them at the cash register and waited patiently to be rung up. i didn't actually buy them, but i got my point across. she had a meltdown then and there, but she blamed it on being short-staffed
I say dump them in a swimming pool they can't get out of and never clean the water! I love what you did, that is awesome! Did they at least bother with maintenance later? I probably would have done the same :D

Atleast the Petco cup is wider! But that's a very small consolation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
ScarlettAngel, I wish they didn't get away with this inhumane treatment over here. :( It's only bettas who are in these cups. Other fish like gouramis and cichlids get tanks which may or may not be kept in good condition. S
Sakura, the entire usp of selling betta fish is that they are the simplest fish to keep. That is why thy are kept that way, its like," Look, they can live in a bowl! Hey you who has no time- take one home! It's the perfect pet." It is the no.1 reason people buy them... If you told half those people you need a heater, a filter and a tank they probably wouldn't buy the fish... Bad for business...

Quote:
oh, and Sakura8.. you are a bad influence..

Sorry for the longness! I was beddy byes while you guys were talking lol... I'm trying to catch up!
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:48 AM   #92 
product08

I think Im gonna get addicted to Bettas, and I only just bought my first haha.
product08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:56 AM   #93 
fightergirl2710

Welcome to the club!
Old 06-15-2011, 05:03 AM   #94 
Sakura8

One male to be the focal point of a community tank. One betta to get used to keeping fish and then move on to something more exciting like cory cats and cichlids. That's what I thought. And here I am with three bettas and nothing else and I doubt I'm stopping there.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:18 AM   #95 
product08

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightergirl2710 View Post
Welcome to the club!
Don't say that
product08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:21 AM   #96 
Echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
One male to be the focal point of a community tank. One betta to get used to keeping fish and then move on to something more exciting like cory cats and cichlids. That's what I thought. And here I am with three bettas and nothing else and I doubt I'm stopping there.
ugh.. five bettas later..
well, he's dropped his fins, and it seems he IS a delta. he's still very pale, but his fins are a kind of pale pale minty color, and he still refuses to eat. i'm trying to get him used to the idea that bloodworms are yummy nom noms, but he just won't have anything to do with them. he picks at the two pellets that have sunk to the bottom, but won't eat them.
i'll give him another day or two before i go into full-on panic mode

that.. woman.. needs to be fed a five-course gourmet meal prepared by a top chef. then i'll chain her to a chair, force-feed her ipecac and duct-tape her mouth shut. 'nuff said.
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:50 AM   #97 
fightergirl2710

Quote:
well, he's dropped his fins, and it seems he IS a delta. he's still very pale, but his fins are a kind of pale pale minty color, and he still refuses to eat. i'm trying to get him used to the idea that bloodworms are yummy nom noms, but he just won't have anything to do with them. he picks at the two pellets that have sunk to the bottom, but won't eat them.

that.. woman.. needs to be fed a five-course gourmet meal prepared by a top chef. then i'll chain her to a chair, force-feed her ipecac and duct-tape her mouth shut. 'nuff said.
I think we need to calm down now...
The bloodworms worked for me ! It took two days though and I was freaking out... But two days is fine (now that I know -_-)
Another little guy saved from the clutches of evil chain stores! I'm so proud of you *hugs*
Old 06-15-2011, 10:00 AM   #98 
Neil D

Edit: sorry I didn't notice there were three pages

Yay for rescues

Last edited by Neil D; 06-15-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:05 AM   #99 
fishman12

Quote:

Yay!
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:15 AM   #100 
Echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightergirl2710 View Post
I think we need to calm down now...
yes. you are quite right.
*eyeballs the duct tape*
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese