Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-15-2011, 04:32 PM   #111 
Silverfang

ugh! went back to the pet store today, 7 females in a teeny tiny container, less than a gallon, I snapped a pic, and when I can figure out how to upload it I'll share it with you guys. Anyone in Ottawa who is good at making a scene?

Oh, think I found the "tank" http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002UU4OCS%...N%3DB002UU4OCS

Last edited by Silverfang; 06-15-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:36 PM   #112 
Echo

i'm up for a vacation.. i'll even bring the duct tape and ipecac
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:45 PM   #113 
Silverfang

The lady there tried to tell me they were new, that they sell fast, and that the won't perk up till they get in something bigger. *face palm* They had red gills and severe stress stripes, clamped fins, and one had either rot or chewed on fins, going with the latter since that is overcrowding to the extreme. 0.8 gal, 7 baby females... I can't imagine the ammonia levels. She just walked away from me, and unfortunately I'm not.. ahem, loud enough to make a scene.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:51 PM   #114 
Echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
The lady there tried to tell me they were new, that they sell fast, and that the won't perk up till they get in something bigger. *face palm* They had red gills and severe stress stripes, clamped fins, and one had either rot or chewed on fins, going with the latter since that is overcrowding to the extreme. 0.8 gal, 7 baby females... I can't imagine the ammonia levels. She just walked away from me, and unfortunately I'm not.. ahem, loud enough to make a scene.
you don't need to be loud. i certainly wasn't.. but then we have to deal with the poor things in individual cups, so i could just carry a stack to the cash register to make my point. what you could do (if you have the time) is to stop by every day and take pictures (or pretend to), take notes, etc like you're recording their conditions, colors, etc. make her think you're some kind of inspector
Old 06-15-2011, 04:53 PM   #115 
Silverfang

She didn't care. I looked in their big tanks, had like three, empty, one with the skeleton of an eaten or rotting fish. Nasty.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:54 PM   #116 
bahamut285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
you don't need to be loud. i certainly wasn't.. but then we have to deal with the poor things in individual cups, so i could just carry a stack to the cash register to make my point. what you could do (if you have the time) is to stop by every day and take pictures (or pretend to), take notes, etc like you're recording their conditions, colors, etc. make her think you're some kind of inspector
I got harassed for doing this, last week though. Fortunately my petsmart takes fairly decent care of their bettas, but the employees will eventually ask you what the heck you're doing, and "just looking" won't cut it, especially if you do the above following actions, LOL.

I was actually legitimately NOT trying to be all inspector-ish, I was writing down the colours I liked OTL
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:56 PM   #117 
Echo

here. print this out and pass it to her.
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2011, 05:01 PM   #118 
Echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut285 View Post
I got harassed for doing this, last week though. Fortunately my petsmart takes fairly decent care of their bettas, but the employees will eventually ask you what the heck you're doing, and "just looking" won't cut it, especially if you do the above following actions, LOL.

I was actually legitimately NOT trying to be all inspector-ish, I was writing down the colours I liked OTL
yeah.. i know it's unrealistic.. the only way to really get the point across is just don't shop there, and tell everyone you know the same thing. unless this is the only petstore in the area, that's all you can do. i called the SPCA on a petstore in the mall here about some puppies with mange that the owners said were just fine, and they said there was nothing they could do. made me ill.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:12 PM   #119 
bahamut285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
yeah.. i know it's unrealistic.. the only way to really get the point across is just don't shop there, and tell everyone you know the same thing. unless this is the only petstore in the area, that's all you can do. i called the SPCA on a petstore in the mall here about some puppies with mange that the owners said were just fine, and they said there was nothing they could do. made me ill.
Yeah, it's unfortunate when stuff works out that way, it's super frustrating. I think a few years ago my friend called some people to try to shut down this horrible puppy mill she found, but when they got there, the owner was like: "lol they're mine I'm not selling them?" somehow managed to hide evidence and such.
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:06 PM   #120 
fishman12

Was at petco today and I waited to get a mystery snail. Whole I was waiting I noticed a fish tank with a fish with no fins or eyes... I almst threw up. Then I got mt snail and it ends up having no head. no head.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese