Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-15-2011, 10:10 PM   #131 
Echo

ON A SIDE NOTE!!
LOL
here's my new guy! the first pic is from this morning.. i thought he had black gill at first and i started to get worried. then i finally got him to eat a few bloodworms and relax. a few hours later i noticed some color, so i grabbed my camera. and he flared at me! he may be a pale little bugger, but he's got a black beard! and one heck of an attitude lol
i was going to name him luna moth (his colorings are almost the same minty green), but now i'm not so sure..
Attached Images

Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:12 PM   #132 
Echo

LOL he hates the filter! since he's doing so much better, i turned it on.. and he crammed himself under his plants! poor fussy little boy..
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2011, 10:13 PM   #133 
fishman12

Lol my new guy is scared of the tank light. He hid behind the filter witth only his head sticking out. Wish I got a pic of it...
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:16 PM   #134 
fishman12

Here he is. I haven't decided on a name yet... I'm thinking Quicksilver but I donn't know cause his fins are getting a reddish blueissh tinge.
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2011, 10:22 PM   #135 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman12 View Post
Here he is. I haven't decided on a name yet... I'm thinking Quicksilver but I donn't know cause his fins are getting a reddish blueissh tinge.
His fins are pretty, I like the blueish tinge to them. So glad you got a new one. Can't let that tank go to waste. Hmm . . . you can divide it and get another!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
ON A SIDE NOTE!!
LOL
here's my new guy! the first pic is from this morning.. i thought he had black gill at first and i started to get worried. then i finally got him to eat a few bloodworms and relax. a few hours later i noticed some color, so i grabbed my camera. and he flared at me! he may be a pale little bugger, but he's got a black beard! and one heck of an attitude lol
i was going to name him luna moth (his colorings are almost the same minty green), but now i'm not so sure..
It seems like the guys relax a lot faster than the girls. It took Goldikova a good week or more to stop getting stress stripes. And I STILL don't know what color Rags is going to be. Right now, she's not stress-striped as much but she's still kind of a mud color.

A big black beard. Call him Brian Wilson, after the San Francisco Giants closer. Sorry, huge Giants fan. Huge baseball fan. ^_^ I like the color of his fins, though, they're very ethereal, almost like a ghost or something. A minty ghost. With attitude.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:27 PM   #136 
Sakura8

Here's the pitcher Brian Wilson.

He's crazy.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:32 PM   #137 
fishman12

Thanks Sakura. He's super terrified of me he ate a pellet though...
Old 06-15-2011, 10:39 PM   #138 
Echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
He's crazy.
he's ugly lol
ok, so here's Roxie.. i'm seeing folks talk about stress stripes and such, but Roxie has always had her stripes. does that mean she's in dire need of a cigarette and a valium?
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2011, 10:41 PM   #139 
fishman12

They're probably just natural coloring.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:54 PM   #140 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
he's ugly lol
ok, so here's Roxie.. i'm seeing folks talk about stress stripes and such, but Roxie has always had her stripes. does that mean she's in dire need of a cigarette and a valium?
Maybe she's stressed 'cause she doesn't have a boyfriend. She needs a tub of ice cream and a chick flick. But she's a tough girl too and tough girls don't cry. They get stripes.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese