Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-16-2011, 02:53 AM   #11 
RnB

He only had the two white dots, and then a bit of fuzzy white stuff at the tip of his dorsal fin, also, look at Fabio's rear fin... the coloration looks off, and its worrying me.

Any ideas?
RnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:16 AM   #12 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnB View Post
He only had the two white dots, and then a bit of fuzzy white stuff at the tip of his dorsal fin, also, look at Fabio's rear fin... the coloration looks off, and its worrying me.

Any ideas?
Both the white spots and the fuzzy stuff are gone now, right? I don't think we need to worry about those for now, the salt will take care of them. But you're right, it does seem like Fabio's tail is looking suspicious. The tip looks just a bit pale and there's a black rim around the bottom. Of course, it could all be perfectly natural; bettas love to change colors on us and I have a girl who's convinced she's a chameleon. However, none of his fins are showing any signs of shredding or splitting which is good. He doesn't even look like a tail biter. I would do some salt for a day to help him get over his hot tub experience and then just watch. If his tail splits or the pale part gets bigger and the black rim advances toward his body, then we can try either the salt or a medication. Probably best to start with the salt.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote