Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-17-2011, 02:26 AM   #1 
nickle452002

Cool make "Bowdie" happy.

Ok so i just bought my first Betta on June 14th and so far he's doing alright. I got him a 2 gallon tank with a filter and a light and the whole 9 yards and he seems happy. The only thing that worries me is that the way the tank is and the light is.... it emits a reflection on two sides of the tank... and all of a sudden he reactantly just started staring at it and chasing it around... i don't want him to get stressed so what should i do? and are their any signs that i can see that shows he's getting stressed?
nickle452002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:24 AM   #2 
Arashi Takamine

Is he showing pale horozontal stripes on his sides? I think he see's himself and is just defending his territory. It's normal behavior for an excited betta. Both my betta's do it. I'd say change his background if you have one for his aquarium.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:27 AM   #3 
nickle452002

nah its just a see through tank...on all four sides... it's see through. Ill see what i can do. My sister got a betta fish too but hers doesnt seem as lively as mine... haha, her tank is loooads smaller though and the betta is living with a snail and a frog. Mine is swimming solo, should i get him a frog as a companion or keep him solo ? :)
nickle452002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:45 AM   #4 
Twilight Storm

Exercising a betta for 5 min. flaring etc. is actually good for them from what I have read. If he keeps it up longer then he should or he is showing signs of stress you can use paper towels as a tank background, or paper, felt, any number of things to break up the reflection for now.
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote