Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-17-2011, 11:31 PM   #21 
Schwannsee

See...I started with 1 at work, many years ago, and ended up with 10 in little bowls on my desk. When I left the job, I had to find places for 10 fishes in a 750 sq ft apt...with hubby, 2 adult pit bulls, a demonic cat, a 55L freshwater community, a 40T (piranha), and a foster pit bull puppy. I just got settled in a new office...and what was the FIRST thing I began plotting to acquire...? I got my boss to rewire the electrical in my office explicitly for my fishies. Fluffy may one day have to share his sweet digs...
Schwannsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:45 PM   #22 
Sakura8

Good lands, where on earth in that apartment did you and your hubby sleep???? On a pile of pit bulls? I'm surprised you found an apartment that would take that many animals, especially two bigger dogs like pit bulls. Apartments these days are so fussy that way, some won't even take two chihuahuas, let alone pits.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:58 PM   #23 
Schwannsee

No no... we slept UNDER the pit bulls. They actually aren't too big and make nice heaters :)

We moved in with the fish and just the oldest dog who is almost 10, and because we proved responsible, they allowed the second dog. My girls are excellent PR for just how sweet-tempered a pit bull can be, and they were rescue-minded folks as well...thus the puppies were allowed (I raised 3, one right after the other, in that apt...).

I think I may just be drawn to a critter that needs a little more...management than most. ;)

But...I do not think the management really ever added up how many pets we had, either. I know they didn't know about the fishes!

Last edited by Schwannsee; 06-18-2011 at 12:01 AM.
Schwannsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:21 AM   #24 
Sakura8

I've always thought pit bulls got a bad rep, that it is highly irresponsible owners who are to blame for pit bulls who go out of control. I've noticed in many of those news stories about the homicidal pit bulls that the owners look like they're on drugs. So it's no surprise the dogs don't have the training and discipline they need.

Do you have your bettas in divided tanks or do you have a lot of small tanks? It sounds like a crowded but cozy and contented apartment.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:44 PM   #25 
smellsfishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
He's stunning. I'll be totally honest, I absolutely loathe the color yellow, in fact I think I have a mental allergic reaction to it, but your guy Cherubim is gorgeous. His tail is almost a perfect halfmoon, too. Not bad for a Wal-Mart baby. And Eggitha is so cute, I love her marbling. They'll make a cute pair.
Hate yellow?! *gasp* I'm shocked! :P lol... I love the yellow bettas ssssoooo much. But Cherubim is not from Walmart. That was my avatar guy, Sunny, who died. Cherubim is from Thailand. He chewed his tail a bit during shipping so thus the imperfection... Hopefully he & Eggie get along!
smellsfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:46 PM   #26 
smellsfishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydawnie View Post
What gorgeous fish ! I've been looking for a yellow male for months. I'd like a solid yellow (no dark or other markings). That female is very unsual looking - kind of like a mosaic.
Thank you! If they produce a solid yellow and you don't already have one by then, you can buy one of mine! ;) Eggie is unusual, but we love her. lol
Old 06-18-2011, 02:06 PM   #27 
BlueEyedBettaBoy

Smellsfishie,

When you breed those two gorgeous fish we'll have to talk business I have yet to stumble across a yellow Betta in person and never have I seen coloring like your female even in pictures.
BlueEyedBettaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:10 PM   #28 
BlueEyedBettaBoy

But back to Betta hoarding I've got four a blue veil tail a blue-green-red veil tail female a white and red crowntail female and a blue butterfly delta tail male. Plus I've got a 30 gal full of guppies and ottos and live plants plus another 30 gal for growing plants, a 29 gal with a bloodparrot ad a bichir and a ten gallon overloaded with goldfish I start for my friend before she puts them in her pond. She likes to buy a dollar or two of 12 cent feeders and keep what survives and grows.

Plus a couple dozen Arachnids four cats a few snakes and two horses haha.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:13 PM   #29 
smellsfishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyedBettaBoy View Post
Smellsfishie,

When you breed those two gorgeous fish we'll have to talk business I have yet to stumble across a yellow Betta in person and never have I seen coloring like your female even in pictures.

Awesome. If i can get a spawn, I will post a thread with pics so keep your eyes peeled!! :D Yeah I rarely see yellows in pet stores. My fiance is from NJ- Manalapan. Are you near there?
Old 06-18-2011, 02:31 PM   #30 
BlueEyedBettaBoy

Haha yeah. Ask him if he knows where brick is that's where I work and I live in tinton falls.