Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-18-2011, 03:39 PM   #21 
elijahfeathers

"This thread was recommended by another thread, I didn't "dig it up," just so you know. "

Ah okay. I didn't know. I just came back and saw you were the first post after a while with no one responding.

Personally, I'd love to buy lots of stuff offline. But I live with my little brother and sister and mom. And my money's needed at home first. And personally, if it comes to burning 30-40 in gas to get to petco, or just picking somehtign up at walmart that's 15 minutes away while we grocery shop, I'm gonna go for walmart. *shrugs* It's bad to support any of them. Petco and Petsmart do badly by their bettas too, but I shop them. Cause even though I love fancy fish I can't justify spending $75 on just one over aquabid. I roll into petco and find some amazing fish though.

Just... I dunno. I know everyone here cares about their fish. And I don't like when people judge by where you shop like it makes you a bad person or something. And it's especially hurtful when I'm not even buying fish there and you're telling me that I'm helping hurt fish because I bought a tank for one. Good Sir's really happy in his five gallons, and I'm happy I got it for him.
elijahfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:37 PM   #22 
Nymmers

Just popping in, Wal-Mart is a chain store, but did you know that a large percentage of those stores are actually owned by a private owner who simply owns a stock portion? The chain does make money off of them but the owner is the one getting a majority of that profit he/she makes at the store. The chain is making profit off of their sales, stocks etc.. So although wal-mart has a bad rep for animal care you should chalk it up to the private owner who is unwilling to do the research about their product. A lot of chain stores are actually owned by private owner. They deal with the chain, but they aren't being controlled with it.

I have family and friends who have worked in wal-mart. My dad was a store manager as well as in charge of the pet department. And he says to this day Wal-mart was, besides teaching the best job he has ever had.

I can't say I can agree with how a lot of wal-marts care for their pet section, but mine however always had clean water, were well fed and I had not gone in there one time and seen a dead fish, a fish with ich or dropsy etc..

BUT this was about Wal-mart finally caring a package that related to good betta ownership, lets talk about that! Possible improvement maybe? Or perhaps their getting a lot of feed back from the customers in your particular area?

I will definately have to go check out some of their deals. I don't buy my pet food or stuff from there but it is where I grocery shop so I'll have to see. Last time I past the pet section they had some new fish decor. =D
Nymmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:43 PM   #23 
Luimeril

their new 5 gallon is called a 'betta kit'. it's 5 gallons, with a removable divider, and actually called a betta kit. THAT is how they should do things. if you want a betta kit, get a divided 5 gallon. i mean, sure, you could buy the 5 gallon kit and divide it yourself for half the price, but it's a start. x:
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:01 AM   #24 
Arashi Takamine

I agree. If I wasn't so afraid of cycling I'd ask for it for X-mas and then get a couple of betta girl's. XD
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote