Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-19-2011, 07:50 PM   #21 
Arashi Takamine

I just wanna say he looks a lot better. I wish you and your daughter lots of luck with him! ;) He's a beauty of a crowntail. (His rays are so gorgeous.)
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:06 AM   #22 
Owric Bawrin

Thank you. He seems to be doing a lot better. We reintroduced him to his aquarium last night and he seems very happy.

He is a very beautiful fish... hard to believe someone bought him for my daughter from the Wal-Mart pet section.
Owric Bawrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:41 AM   #23 
DarkMoon17

I apologize if I repeat or misunderstand.. this is a long post and I only skimmed it.
He is looking much better. The white stuff on his head is still there but it looks like it is almost gone. It looks like a slime coat infection. It is not ich. You do not want high temperatures for this kind of infection... Lower the temp to 78-80* for now (bacteria like warm temps). If it doesn't go away after a few more days you should consider treating him with Aquarium Salt.

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but tap water is much healthier than bottled water. If you condition the tap water with API Stress Coat it will also help him recover from his infection.

You are doing a great job with him, he looks like a completely different betta!
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote