Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-20-2011, 10:02 AM   #1 
cajunamy
Banned

Opinions on temps

I'm am thinking of making my closet my fish room - it's almost as big as a walk in, not quite deep enough. But it will work great. It stays pretty warm in there and there's lighting.

I have a thermometer in there to see if the air temp would be suitable - so far last night to now it's stayed about 76, which would mean water temp would probably be 72-74. I am anticipating the air to get to 80-82 or higher even, which would put the water around 76-78 at the height of the afternoon.

Since these temps are a little on the cooler side, but gets to ideal in the afternoon, would I be ok having my fish/fry in there? I could run heaters to the spawning tanks for sure, but the rest would be heated by the air in the closet.
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:23 PM   #2 
indjo
TFK Moderator

I wouldn't keep them at a constant 78F/25C. If you can raise the temp to 80F/27C and keep it stable, it would be OK. Mine are at a constant 82.4F/28C (solitary) and often have trouble if the temp is constantly 25C.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote