Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-21-2011, 05:23 AM   #3421 
Ashleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydawnie View Post
Here's a pic of Emerald in his new 16G. He's already built a bubblenest overnight.
Maybe it's just me, but that tank looks less than 16G?
Ashleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:07 AM   #3422 
sunnydawnie

Nope it's definately 16G, I still have the box. I went to the LFS and got a hose assembly made up so I can fill the darn thing. I figured I'll need it when I put up my 75G anyway so it's an investment.
sunnydawnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:41 PM   #3423 
newfiedragon

Here's the setup I've got for my new little guy, Newfie. I'm considering taking out the dinosaur. It doesn't quite match the rest of the decor, but it's been driving me nuts at the local walmart for weeks now, because I would see it and want it, but would wonder where I'd put it. So since I needed new decor for a new tank, I caved and picked it up.

Newf's home in daylight...

And in the night. Not keeping the lamp, cause there's a led light on the tank, so the lighting will be different once I get that turned on. It might all depend on how he looks in the led light, cause I like the look of him and the tank in this light.
newfiedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:43 PM   #3424 
Neil D

The Dino looks fine. Like jurassic park!
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:07 AM   #3425 
Ashleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydawnie View Post
Nope it's definately 16G, I still have the box. I went to the LFS and got a hose assembly made up so I can fill the darn thing. I figured I'll need it when I put up my 75G anyway so it's an investment.
Ohh ok, probably just the angle :)
Ashleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:15 AM   #3426 
Neil D

I wish I had a 20G...
Old 06-22-2011, 07:48 PM   #3427 
subi

hey there!! my name's Jon.
Im kinda a new betta owner. Ive owned other fish in the past, but decided id like to own a betta xD
i have a 1.5 gallon tank that i picked up at petco, came with a filter and all. The first fish i bought from there had dropsy? i think thats what it is. Where the abdomin got all puffy, he lasted about 2 weeks, i went back and got the guy that you see in the picture.
Named him Mau5(mouse) Hes been pretty active, and fun to sit here and watch. Im going to be putting some live plants in the tank soon, but for now this is what i have. and im really enjoying it

subi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:10 PM   #3428 
Neil D

Do u have a heater? I'd really think about moving him to a 3G and using the tank you have for shrimp but heaters are very important for bettas. Welcome to the forum BTW
Old 06-22-2011, 10:29 PM   #3429 
Kwilkins

Blue's new home

Kwilkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:37 PM   #3430 
PewPewPew

^ haha, blue's quite stealthy.

And subi, welcome. My one thing to advise is maybe to remove or fill up the nose of that glass...Its pretty narrow, and your fish may get stuck! Theyre curious and shove themselves into eveything...

Nice tanks, all.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank