Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-21-2011, 07:01 PM   #1 
lilchiwolf

Smile New Petco, new betta, new story...

So some of you know from my last posts that I have moved. I have all my tanks sent up in the kitchen since the counter tops are HUGE. I have the goldfish tank on one side and all the bettas lined on one wall to make it look like one long tank! Pretty cool.

Anyway, I looked out the pet stores in my area and lord and behold I HAVEA PETCO! Woot. I drove over there, small petco btw, and walked around a bit. I knew I needed some more Prime so I grabbed that. I looked at their fish, very healthy tanks! I started looking at the bettas too. Very healthy and clean, but no where near the quality of my old petco.

As I went down the line I came to a betta cup that was marked 50% off, up for adoption. This lovely finned green copper Delta male was in the cup and maked down cause he had a missing eye. looked at him closer and it looked like there was a start of an eye, but it never formed all the way. He swims a little funny, but looks awesome! I put him next to some other males and when they got in view he poofed right up, big and strong!

So, all in all I took him and the Prim home. I set up my small plastic 1 1/2 gallon with rocks, pants, log, heater and small filter. He sue is king in there. Racing around flaring at everything. He took a small break to munch on pellets and then went right back to claiming is home. Spunky little dude. I have named him Uno, for only having one eye.

I no longer have my camera, but I hope to get another soon to take pictures and video of Uno. I hope you all like his story too ^_^
lilchiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:20 PM   #2 
Tanni

It's true that you can't judge a betta by his looks because either know he had a non-developed eye he still became quite wonderful after being a part of your family for a little while. I'm glad that you could adopt him and give him a home that's willing to care for his condition. Without you he might've been adopted by an ignorant child or he might've died if the store couldn't sell him. (I'm not saying that the store is like that at all. I've known some stores that put the bettas down if they don't get adopted and they have a deform.)
Tanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:29 PM   #3 
lilchiwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanni View Post
It's true that you can't judge a betta by his looks because either know he had a non-developed eye he still became quite wonderful after being a part of your family for a little while. I'm glad that you could adopt him and give him a home that's willing to care for his condition. Without you he might've been adopted by an ignorant child or he might've died if the store couldn't sell him. (I'm not saying that the store is like that at all. I've known some stores that put the bettas down if they don't get adopted and they have a deform.)
I am happy too see this petco give "special needs" animals a chance at life by making them cheaper. I guess it was a good thing I went looking around for pet stores today! I am happy her is with me even if my boyfriend gives me the evil eye for getting another :P
Old 06-22-2011, 12:00 AM   #4 
Creat

When you can get pictures I want to see and daw that sounds so cute.
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:16 AM   #5 
lilchiwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creat View Post
When you can get pictures I want to see and daw that sounds so cute.
I was also thinking about drawing him for my new icon ^_^
Old 06-22-2011, 12:31 AM   #6 
copperarabian

I wish my petco sold some for 50% off, I've seen some males in there week after week because they have fin rot.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:45 AM   #7 
Creat

you can usually bargain fish down I do it alot :)
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:24 PM   #8 
BettaGirl290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creat View Post
you can usually bargain fish down I do it alot :)
XD
BettaGirl290 is offline   Reply With Quote