Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-22-2011, 10:49 PM   #21 
iLovededYou

I've had him for a little over a week. The first week I had him, he was perfectly calm and happy. When I changed his water, though, and had him in a cup, he totally freaked out and lost some of his color, but once he was back in the tank he was fine and back to his calm, friendly, self. When I left on Monday, he was fine. I came back today and he was all jumpy and his fins look weaker ):
iLovededYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:53 PM   #22 
animallover4lyfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLovededYou View Post
I've had him for a little over a week. The first week I had him, he was perfectly calm and happy. When I changed his water, though, and had him in a cup, he totally freaked out and lost some of his color, but once he was back in the tank he was fine and back to his calm, friendly, self. When I left on Monday, he was fine. I came back today and he was all jumpy and his fins look weaker ):

Well he lost colour because he sounds like he is stressed out. Do you have a heater in the tank?
animallover4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:01 PM   #23 
bettalover2033

More Eaborate Explanation Than My Last Post.

Yes you have yourself a very pretty lyretail male betta.
Doubletail and lyretails are very different tail types but same at the same time.
For example if you look at the betta in my avatar, you could see that he is a real double tail. as for the fish in the below picture, he is a lyretail. The lyretail's caudal fins are a lot more spreaded than the doubletails.
You can easily see the difference in the two. The male in my avatar looks like his caudal can fit in a flower as the one in the picture above does not.
Attached Images

bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:13 PM   #24 
iLovededYou

I'm pretty sure it was just temporarily being in the tiny cup that stressed him out.
I do have a heater, that is preset to 78 degrees.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:13 PM   #25 
iLovededYou

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
Yes you have yourself a very pretty lyretail male betta.
Doubletail and lyretails are very different tail types but same at the same time.
For example if you look at the betta in my avatar, you could see that he is a real double tail. as for the fish in the below picture, he is a lyretail. The lyretail's caudal fins are a lot more spreaded than the doubletails.
You can easily see the difference in the two. The male in my avatar looks like his caudal can fit in a flower as the one in the picture above does not.
THANK YOU. that makes so much sense to me, now. I couldn't find any good pictures of lyretails by googling them.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:24 PM   #26 
bettalover2033

Your welcome.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:41 PM   #27 
Loryen

Hmmm... maybe he does have a little. I reccomend just adding some aqua salt to his tank, and that should take care of it. Don't worry, doesn't look to serious!
Loryen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 11:30 PM   #28 
iLovededYou

alright, thank you!(:
Old 06-27-2011, 05:02 PM   #29 
Neil D

Put him in a QT container and float it in the tank. 1 tsp per 1G. Use only for 14 days max.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:23 PM   #30 
iLovededYou

I just added some aquarium salt to his tank, and am doing frequent water changes. I think he's getting better!

He definitely seems happier

Just to be sure, I should be adding the same concentration of aqua salt to the new water I put in during percentage water changes, correct?