Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-14-2011, 02:51 PM   #1 
newbie32

Hood Destruction

So, I turn on my light in my hood today and one of the lights won't turn on. I must mention, I almost never use the light in the hood. I take the bulb out and put it in the other slot to see if it's the bulb or that side of the light. It's just that side of the light. I turn over the hood to take a peek and a piece of metal falls out of the bulb socket and in to my tank!!! I get out the papers to check for warranty and it's only got a limited warranty for 90 days. I've had the tank just a little over those 90 days. First the filter just stopped working after a lil over a month and now the hood. I'm not very pleased. I bought this tank at wal-mart. Aquaculture or whatever their brand is for fish tanks. At first I really loved the tank and now i'm not loving it so much.
newbie32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:09 PM   #2 
bettafish15

Yeah, sometimes in wal-mart you get what you pay for :/
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:41 PM   #3 
newbie32

and I did. Now I need to buy a new hood. I'm not pleased. I had wanted to slowly start adding some plants. Not possible without a working hood/light (no sunlight in office).
Old 06-24-2011, 12:57 PM   #4 
bettafish15

Awe, it's okay, I don't think just hoods are that expensive. Hopefully! I'm getting a couple hoods in the mail, and they cost me about 50 bucks each, but I'm in Canada, so you buying a hood would likely be cheaper.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:59 PM   #5 
newbie32

I'll have to start looking into it.

As a side note, your betta in your avatar(? picture under your name lol) is gorgeous! the combination of those colors is really magnificent!
Old 06-24-2011, 01:16 PM   #6 
bettafish15

Yeah, I was only able to find just the hood online, so hopefully a store near you has them.

Thank you! I really like his colors as well ^^ I have a better picture of him, a more recent one, that I havent put up yet.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:35 PM   #7 
Littlebittyfish

Checkout craigslist..Sometimes they're on there..Or you can find a kit for sale pretty cheap on there sometimes and just use the hood and keep the filter and the tank as a hospital or a backup..
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote