Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-25-2011, 10:34 PM   #1 
elijahfeathers

Just wanted to say, about this forum in general

Hey. I guess I just kind of wanted to give a big thank you out to bettafish.com. I have to say, if I hadn't found this website I don't know what I'd do or where my fish would be at right now. As someone who started their betta keeping with a 1/4th gallon bowl, and bottled water, I'm pretty sure I can safely say my fish thank everyone on this forum too. lol

There's just so much info out there in a raw format, and yeah, you can learn the right tank sizes and such, but it's really overwhelming and confusing to new people who buy first and think to ask questions later. It's just really nice to have a place to come chat and get advice from, and I find myself lurking here all the time. Everyone here is really kind, and really understanding o the fact that sometimes when you start out you do things wrong. Everyone's really helpful about advice, and whenever I've been worried about one of my fish it's nice to know that help's just a few webpages away.

I guess I just wanted to say thanks. thanks to everyone who comes here and makes this a great place. lol guess I'm just feeling a little sappy, but I wanted to say it. So here it is.
elijahfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:49 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

That's very nice of you. :) I'm glad this forum has helped you so much. I know it sure has helped me!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:50 PM   #3 
metalbetta

I know the feeling... I knew very little about bettas before I joined this forum... I love it, and am so thankful to everyone who helped me learn more about how to care for my fish, and especially to all that enabled my addiction. lol
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 11:08 PM   #4 
Luimeril

i adore this forum. everyone's so nice, and you don't get like..... shunned and called horrid things, if you keep your betta in anything smaller than a gallon. i feel safe, admitting that Lulu's in a gallon tank here, while on some other forums, i can't say that. mind you, if i could, i'd LOVE to get her a bigger tank, but i say time and time again, i've tried her out in a bigger tank, and she hid for a week straight. had to fight with her, to get her out of that cave, even to eat. >.>; no, she wasn't sick. once i put her back in her gallon, she was fine and happy. o.0;

the people here work with you, if you have issues. my advice is taken here, while on other forums, i get bypassed. i'm turned to, in regards to not only fin damage, but blind bettas, since those two are the things i've given the most advice on(most advice, and helpful advice. :d i know my stuff. even if it's just for fin issues, and blind bettas. >3>). if i get a new betta, i can freely show it off on here, and not be scared to admit it's in a gallon bowl, or a gallon tank, even if it's just temporary housing.

i love this site alot, and will willingly tell people "check out bettafish.com if you need help on your betta", or "sorry i can't help much. join up on bettafish.com, maybe they can help you more". :3
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 11:17 PM   #5 
Smr2892

I'm right there with the rest of you. Everyone here is wonderful. I've never been so confident in the advice I've gotten as I am with the advice I get on this site. And without bettafish.com, I never would have had my babies' babies in my life, or the option of having 2 year old prince live on through his fry. I am honestly forever greatful to everyone on here for that. It means the world and more to me.
Smr2892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 11:49 PM   #6 
bettafish15

I like this site alot too ◕‿◕
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:44 AM   #7 
masshiimarro

^+1 Luimeril :D
i totally agree on you with the feeling safe. i know forums that would jump at your throats immediately when someone mentions like a 1 gal for anything.. even if the people actually know what they are doing, and its not a big deal to them.
i guess the thing is on this forum is that people trust you if you know what your doing.. whereas other places they dont care, and theyr just gonna jump at you no matter what. people here are so chill, but still give advice when needed :)
masshiimarro is offline   Reply With Quote