Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-26-2011, 03:52 AM   #1 
Larsa

Best brine shrimp ever o.0

So I recently purchased a thing of brine shrimp eggs by San Fansisco Bay Brand from a local pet store for $5. I was amazed with the results. All my brine shrimp hatched in about 12 hrs or so. Almost every single egg hatched! Right now they are in their 3rd stage so they are actually growing and still alive. I used to buy kits to make a hatchery but this is waaaaay better! If anyone breeding needs some good DIY brine shrimp, this is the best ever!!! And it comes with 20000 zillion eggs!!! Will last many many years :3 Just thought id share this experience with everyone... pardon my enthusiasm. LOL

Last edited by Larsa; 06-26-2011 at 03:55 AM.
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:41 AM   #2 
BlueEyedBettaBoy

How did you set everything up?
BlueEyedBettaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:03 AM   #3 
Larsa

well first I bought the shrimp eggs and a very very veryyyy good nylon brine shrimp net. I went to another pet store and bought some natural marine salt water mix with calcium ( forget the brand, im at work lol) I got a gallon of ozarka spring water and added salt until my hydrometer said 1.018 specific gravity and 80F temp. I took a small container to test the eggs. I added the salt water and eggs. With an eyedropper I stirred it all up so the eggs sunk. I also added dentridus. I sat it on a table with a small lamp and had it lit all night. thats pretty much it :)
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote