Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-26-2011, 08:38 AM   #1031 
fishman12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Now there's some good self-control. I can't even make myself stay away from the petstores, let alone the fish section. I can always fabricate some excuse.

Go away, BrookeGrace, there's no place here for you, you have too much self- control and you're making me jealous.
What about me? I go all the time and I have walked home with two bettas, exactly when I planned to take them home.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:13 AM   #1032 
PinkBetta264

I want to know where you find $3 kritter keepers?? I might need some, I'm looking at AB and talkin with a FL breeder again...ouch I can feel that pinch in my wallet again.
PinkBetta264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:18 AM   #1033 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman12 View Post
What about me? I go all the time and I have walked home with two bettas, exactly when I planned to take them home.
Your self-control is so darned good it's scary . . . and no fun. How's Quicksilver doing, by the way? Has he healed from his scratch? Anyway, fishman, your day will come soon. Buwahahaha! The moment you have just a little bit of free space, like say a 2g tank size worth of space, you'll be joining us. You'll find that betta you just can't live without even if it means doing a little rearranging to get him to fit.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:20 AM   #1034 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBetta264 View Post
I want to know where you find $3 kritter keepers?? I might need some, I'm looking at AB and talkin with a FL breeder again...ouch I can feel that pinch in my wallet again.
Unfortunately, Bettawolf found that one at a garage sale. She's good at finding deals. Craigslist might be a good place to find inexpensive tanks. Tisia found a posting in Eugene, OR of a guy selling 20g tanks for $6 or something crazy like that.

AB will be the financial ruin of us all. I think we should all get web blockers that are programmed to block that site.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:22 AM   #1035 
Littlebittyfish

Petco is having their 1 dollar per gallon sale...I am fighting the urge to not buy a new tank...I mean...I dont really neeeed a new tank...but....1 dollar per gallon...new HM?
I need to stay out of there until this sale is over....I do need more Prime though and another aquarium sponge....

Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:22 AM   #1036 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuuie View Post
most likely since when one gets near his tank and lands on the outside of it he stalks it and tries to get it through the plastic. i just hope he doesn't try to jump out at it and land in my coffee cup which i don't think he likes at all.
No, no I can't imagine landing in a coffee cup, especially full of coffee, would be a fun experience for a betta.

Erin, thanks for the tip about feeding the panda corys. How much do you feed and how often? I think the panda corys are the cutest of the cory cats.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:26 AM   #1037 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebittyfish View Post
Petco is having their 1 dollar per gallon sale...I am fighting the urge to not buy a new tank...I mean...I dont really neeeed a new tank...but....1 dollar per gallon...new HM?
I need to stay out of there until this sale is over....I do need more Prime though and another aquarium sponge....

SERIOUSLY? Oh no, I need cat treats so I need to go soon. I'm doomed. Let's see, I was thinking of cramming a 10g by my bed, could put a 5g in the bathroom. I AM running out of water conditioner, too . . . Thanks, littlebittyfish, for sharing the madness.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:28 AM   #1038 
bahamut285

[quote=Sakura8;712907I was thinking of cramming a 10g by my bed, could put a 5g in the bathroom.[/QUOTE]

LOL. For some reason the thought of your house literally LITTERED with tanks is hilarious xD

If only I could do the same
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:29 AM   #1039 
Littlebittyfish

I am running out of electrical outlets to put all the heaters..filters..lights...What do you all do about this problem? haha
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:33 AM   #1040 
PinkBetta264

yup done the craigslist thing, thats were i found my 20g L, then I got a hood ,light,filter and heater for $15 from another ad. I'm still undecided what to put in it...right now little boy blue got booted from his QT(because of my new un-named HM) and its his. When I got him he couldn't swim down, so i did the epsom salt treatment and hes all better and graduated to the big boy tank but know hes not pale blue anymore looking kinda purple

without doing a whole lot of searching can someone answer a quick question, how long do you QT a new fish in AQ salt i decided to use the salt because he had some fin nippage going on and just to be on the safe side because he came from PETCO??
PinkBetta264 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese