Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-26-2011, 09:34 AM   #1041 
bahamut285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebittyfish View Post
I am running out of electrical outlets to put all the heaters..filters..lights...What do you all do about this problem? haha
Depends on the amperage of your fuses, LOL.

You can go with splitters or power bars. Generally plugging them into each other isn't *technically* safe but......

You can also throw away all your miniature tanks and get a big one to split, then you'll only need 3-4 plugs again (heater/filter/light/etc. x 1)

I have already run out of electrical plugs to the point where I have to temporarily unplug one of the filters just to use my printer, LMFAO.

I can't do anything about it because the amps on my fusebox is SUPERLAME
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:35 AM   #1042 
fishman12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Your self-control is so darned good it's scary . . . and no fun. How's Quicksilver doing, by the way? Has he healed from his scratch? Anyway, fishman, your day will come soon. Buwahahaha! The moment you have just a little bit of free space, like say a 2g tank size worth of space, you'll be joining us. You'll find that betta you just can't live without even if it means doing a little rearranging to get him to fit.
Haha the minimum for me would be 5g. And Quicksilver had major stress stripes, not a scratch.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:53 AM   #1043 
Sakura8

Bahamut - the day I stack the dishes in a cardboard box and remove the cupboard doors so I can put a 5g in there is the day I know I qualify for a reality tv show about betta hoarding. For now, it's carefully controlled to one room - mine. Carefully controlled fishy chaos.

Littlebittyfish - power strips, power strips, and more power strips.

Pinkbetta - if the betta is relatively healthy other than fin issues, I usually quarantine for a week. If they show signs of infection (like parasites in the cup at the store), then obviously they get QT for a lot longer than that. And I've heard you can keep them in AQ salt for up to 10 days.

fishman - you have room for a Great Dane but not enough room for a little ol' 5g tank and a 2" betta??? Hahaha, soon, my friend, soon you'll be one of us without self-control. I'm glad Quicksilver was just stress-striped and not scratched. He'll probably enjoy some cory friends. Or he'll beat the spots right off of them, hard to say. That's what I'm afraid of with Anderson in my 10g but I won't know till I try.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:57 AM   #1044 
fishman12

I have room but my evil cat will deystroy any other tanks. As it is, I have to set up defenses around my tank.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:58 AM   #1045 
fishman12

Oh, I went onto Aquabid and I found this amazing HM male. You should look into him! ;)
Old 06-26-2011, 10:12 AM   #1046 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman12 View Post
Oh, I went onto Aquabid and I found this amazing HM male. You should look into him! ;)
Your cat's not the only one who is evil. What if I convince myself I plan to breed a fancy Aquabid betta and make a profit on him? That will justify such an extravagant purchase, right?
Old 06-26-2011, 10:14 AM   #1047 
fishman12

Yeah but you would have to get back on aquabid to find a female.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:15 AM   #1048 
fishman12

You know how you were saying that you needed to start a bettas only petstore? Well you should start it and sell betta tankmates (i.e. cories, shrimp, etc.)
Old 06-26-2011, 10:21 AM   #1049 
Sakura8

That's a good idea. I like it. Cories other than the albino and bronze cories are so hard to find, at least where I am. Wanna partner up with me and Bettawolf and Yuuie? You can handle the tankmates. Yuuie's our Canadian rep, Bettawolf runs the storefront, and I handle the betta breeding and supplying.

I just measured and I can actually cram a 20L in the space at the end of my bed! It'll be a tight fit and probably look just a little silly but it can be done. So, 20L or just a 10g?
Old 06-26-2011, 10:21 AM   #1050 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman12 View Post
Yeah but you would have to get back on aquabid to find a female.
I'm not sure if your evil cat rubbed off on you or you rubbed off on the previously nice and sweet cat.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese