Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-27-2011, 12:46 AM   #1101 
smellsfishie

My fiance and I went looking at a townhouse across the street from his mom (we would not live there, just being nosey cause they had an open house).. In the basement, they have 2 extra rooms that were not up to fire code for bedrooms (cause no windows) but it also had a bathroom right across the hall... would have been perfect for a fish room. I hope we can find something like that wherever it is we end up living.
smellsfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:50 AM   #1102 
Erin8D

That is such a pretty betta ;~; I wish I could buy from AB! Alas, no credit card :/

How do you guys usually treat fin rot for new bettas? I can't really tell on him, cus hes a CT and all, but gah. I put him in a 1 gallon tub with some "betta fix" for fin rot. The bottle says 7 days, however it isn't severe, so should I put him in his tank tomorrow or have him in the medicine tub for another day?
Erin8D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:54 AM   #1103 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellsfishie View Post
My fiance and I went looking at a townhouse across the street from his mom (we would not live there, just being nosey cause they had an open house).. In the basement, they have 2 extra rooms that were not up to fire code for bedrooms (cause no windows) but it also had a bathroom right across the hall... would have been perfect for a fish room. I hope we can find something like that wherever it is we end up living.
Sounds perfect except for being across the street from your future mother-in-law.

If it's definitely fin rot with black edges or red infected parts, then Maracyn. If it's just shop-tattered fins, aquarium salt.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:56 AM   #1104 
Yuuie

however even with the lack of space my sister is on to the idea with breeding betta's since she thinks it would save me money. i would like to give it a try just not sure about the live food part.
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:57 AM   #1105 
Erin8D

Haha a fish room would be nice :3 I would fill it with bettas though, and a discus/monoto ray tank :D And maybe a spotted gar tank too. But I swear the rest would be bettas and corries! Haha
Erin8D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:59 AM   #1106 
Yuuie

ooooo we can only dream but it would be really nice to have. i even enterained the thought of converting the garage but i think my sisters boyfriend would be a little upset with me.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:59 AM   #1107 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuuie View Post
however even with the lack of space my sister is on to the idea with breeding betta's since she thinks it would save me money. i would like to give it a try just not sure about the live food part.
They don't need live food necessarily. You can feed something like Hikari First Bites fry food. Live food would be best but even so, live food here means miniscule newly hatched brine shrimp that you basically pour out from a kit that you grow them in. Barely even recognizable as live.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:00 AM   #1108 
Sakura8

Breeding bettas to save money? Haha, that's like going into music recording so you don't have to buy CDs.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:06 AM   #1109 
Yuuie

rofl well since i usually walk out of a pet store with at least one betta fish most of the time and between petsmart, petland, and petcentra they average between 4 to 8 dollars for one depending on the store. and now i think i'm missing one i can only count five of the six girls that should be in the tank. O.O
Old 06-27-2011, 01:10 AM   #1110 
Yuuie

yay found her she must of been napping in the cave XD

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese