Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-25-2011, 08:28 PM   #1 
metalbetta

My Boy Rikku.

Well I figured since I'm only going to have my little "fighter" boy for a few more weeks, I'd bug him with a photoshoot and post 'em up here!
(Only going to have him for a few more weeks 'cause my boyfriend is taking him to his apartment. Long story. We're still together. Seperate apartments for a year. He would have taken Nina and Mew too, but... Yeah.)

I'm going to miss my pretty boy. Let's hope the boyfriend has picked up enough from me to take care of him properly!

metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:55 AM   #2 
sjones

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbetta View Post
Well I figured since I'm only going to have my little "fighter" boy for a few more weeks, I'd bug him with a photoshoot and post 'em up here!
(Only going to have him for a few more weeks 'cause my boyfriend is taking him to his apartment. Long story. We're still together. Seperate apartments for a year. He would have taken Nina and Mew too, but... Yeah.)

I'm going to miss my pretty boy. Let's hope the boyfriend has picked up enough from me to take care of him properly!

I see you curbed the flesh eating bacteria, at least from getting at the guys :(, I am still battling it and wondering if there is some new superstrain out there. Any how I got Clampy in the Jungle Fungus clear again, he has melting fin and a white dot in one eye. Don't know what else to do and not taking any chances at this point, it's full med. Sorry for the ramble. I meant to comment on how pretty your lil guy is. Aww.

Last edited by sjones; 06-26-2011 at 11:00 AM.
sjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:20 AM   #3 
metalbetta

I'm guessing there is a newer substrain that's extremely fast acting... For me it's caused lesions and fin/body rot within 48 hours of infection before... AQ salt only makes it worse, and Triple Sulfa is just a roll of the dice. I've been treating with Jungle anti bacterial pellets, Triple Sulfa, and Epsom salt.. Out of the 7 fish that have had signs of it, I have 3 survivors. It's a nasty strain.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:25 AM   #4 
metalbetta

From what I've experienced, my advice would be to quarantine all of your fish, divided tanks and all, and watch them like a HAWK for ANY sign of illness. Sometimes the symptoms are extremely hard to spot, and you don't see them 'til it's too late... but the things to look for are lethargy, paleness, quick onset and development of fin rot, bloody fins, white, cottony spots on the mouth or body, unwillingness to eat, spitting out food, pain while eating, red and white lesions on body or face, literal "chunks" missing out of the fish... It's hell, really.

Treat immediately, but if it seems like they're too far gone, my advice would unfortunately be to put them down. They will develop severe dropsy and die within two weeks after the onset of an internal infection. I made the mistake of trying to save them til the last day, and they suffered way too much. If I could do it again, I would have put my girls to sleep. I was hurting and stressed to the point of physical problems, and they were hurting too. It's just not something you want to draw out. Good luck, sjones, hopefully your strain isn't as horrible as mine.