Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-27-2011, 12:32 PM   #4691 
ectangelo

I'm gonna sound like a nerd, but anyway...My dad won't let me buy potassium nitrate to make smoke bombs. Not because he doesn't want me making fireworks, but because he's afraid that the FBI is going to track him down, break our door down, and arrest him for being a terrorist. There is NOTHING illegal you can even make with it! He's so paranoid...lol. Just because it's a chemical doesn't mean you're making bombs. AND I told him you could just buy the potassium nitrate at Walmart, but I'd still have to buy the fuse and firework tubes off the Internet, and he still said no, for the same reason. Because apparantly, if you're buying fuse, YOU ARE MAKING BOMBS!!!!!! You know, now that I think about it, the FBI doesn't even regulate firework laws, the ATF does (I think). :P

Last edited by ectangelo; 06-27-2011 at 12:36 PM.
ectangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:08 PM   #4692 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ectangelo View Post
I'm gonna sound like a nerd, but anyway...My dad won't let me buy potassium nitrate to make smoke bombs. Not because he doesn't want me making fireworks, but because he's afraid that the FBI is going to track him down, break our door down, and arrest him for being a terrorist. There is NOTHING illegal you can even make with it! He's so paranoid...lol. Just because it's a chemical doesn't mean you're making bombs. AND I told him you could just buy the potassium nitrate at Walmart, but I'd still have to buy the fuse and firework tubes off the Internet, and he still said no, for the same reason. Because apparantly, if you're buying fuse, YOU ARE MAKING BOMBS!!!!!! You know, now that I think about it, the FBI doesn't even regulate firework laws, the ATF does (I think). :P
Well, I can understand your dad's concern. He may also be concerned for your safety. Fireworks can be very dangerous. I know, I sound like a parent. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:46 PM   #4693 
HarlequinBBRM

Grrrr.... I just checked Sebastian again and noticed that he nw has a rip in his tail! Added with his messed up dorsal fin (which is slowly deteriorating), he now looks like he had a fight with something. All of this is happening when I have no aquarium salt to QT him with. Boo on you fishy!!

Is there a substitue for aquarium salt that I can use?
HarlequinBBRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:46 PM   #4694 
ectangelo

Yeah, I know what you're saying. That's why he wouldn't let me a year ago, but he told me that he was sure I could do it and wouldn't get hurt, he just doesn't wanna go to jail. Which would never happen. PLus, smoke bombs are the safest pyrotechnic project. There's nothing in them that can go boomy and no dangerous chemicals. Virtually idiot-proof! Unless you choose the more common way, which requires COOKING the smoke mixture, which may light it on FIRE. But that's all...

Last edited by ectangelo; 06-27-2011 at 01:51 PM.
ectangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:46 PM   #4695 
Neil D

Your old Paranoid people can be funny
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:51 PM   #4696 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlequinBBRM View Post
Grrrr.... I just checked Sebastian again and noticed that he nw has a rip in his tail! Added with his messed up dorsal fin (which is slowly deteriorating), he now looks like he had a fight with something. All of this is happening when I have no aquarium salt to QT him with. Boo on you fishy!!

Is there a substitue for aquarium salt that I can use?
I think I've heard ice cream salt, canning/pickling salt, kosher salt
non-iodized, no additives type salts basically
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:31 PM   #4697 
Neil D

Don't forget Epsom!
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #4698 
Tisia

epsom isn't the same as aq salt :p
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:22 PM   #4699 
Arashi Takamine

Yeah Epsom is for constipation, swim bladder and bloating. If it wasn't for the "Tick 'em off until they pass the waste." Technique I discovered Akira would have had a lot of Epsom treatments. He eats like a pig.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:26 PM   #4700 
fishman12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi Takamine View Post
Yeah Epsom is for constipation, swim bladder and bloating. If it wasn't for the "Tick 'em off until they pass the waste." Technique I discovered Akira would have had a lot of Epsom treatments. He eats like a pig.
Acidentally did that once. lol
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou