Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-28-2011, 09:15 AM   #11 
Squidmagician

I think we might do that once pay-day comes around again. This one doesn't seem to cause a great deal of disturbance, but it doesn't seem to be doing a whole lot either.

Al seems to love his new home, though. We put him in it last night (I put a piece of mesh over the top of the tube as someone suggested in that linked thread), and he's been swimming around quite happily, exploring everything.
Squidmagician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:24 PM   #12 
danifacetastic

Sounds good :) Hope he doesn't find a way to get hurt as bettas are very mischievous :p
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:17 PM   #13 
Squidmagician

So I've been reading! We've got him in the living room, which is where we spend most of our time, so we can keep a pretty close eye on him, but I think he'd have try really hard to find a way to get into trouble.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:34 PM   #14 
Punki

After i posted that he did it AGAIN, and when i went to buy mesh he did it AGAIN lol. Ripped his fins alittle bit but once i got the mesh in place he couldnt get in anymore. Ive put the aquarium in storage and bought something else, Its caused me too much panic, though its fixed now. Other then that hazard, and sometimes distorted views its a pretty tank. Very unique :)
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:09 PM   #15 
Squidmagician

Oh, man. O_O Well, at least a little fin damage was the worst that happened... I really can't imagine why they made the piece like that. It should have been more like a mesh to start with.

But we're very happy with it so far, aside from that. We got it most because it was unique and we liked the light and because the size - being more tall than wide - was a better fit for our current space. We're hoping to be moving soon and we've already started looking at much bigger tanks. This aquarium keeping thing is addictive... :D
Old 06-28-2011, 02:22 PM   #16 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by briser View Post
There's a picture of my tank without the tube and stuff in this thread: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....ighlight=nikki

As you can see I put a decoration in the middle that has a hole in the top (got it from walmart) so that the light will still shine through.. Just had to make sure there was no gravel under the decoration.
I have to say, I was looking at the big decoration you have in the 3gal and the cup in the divided the other day. Love them!
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:09 PM   #17 
briser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
I have to say, I was looking at the big decoration you have in the 3gal and the cup in the divided the other day. Love them!
Me too! I changed my tanks around a lot since then and the red CT is in a bigger tank now.. I switched all my fake plants to live ones.
briser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:18 PM   #18 
Punki

It really should be perfectly safe with the mesh over it. I just divided a 10g and decided to put it away for a rainy day lol. Yeah when i woke up and walked by i saw his fins blowing in the tube with the bubbles, but the second and third time hed swam down and UNDER the gravel, i turned the light on and it helped him up the tube, as soon as i yanked the cover off he floated to the top and took a HUGE gulp of air, ad then started begging like it never happened :P After seeing him flare i noticed a few frayed spots and a small pinhole, i tried a few other methods but the mesh ended up working 100% :)
Old 06-28-2011, 03:54 PM   #19 
Squidmagician

Oh, that must have been scary - for you and him! Al has already developed a habit of hiding behind his plants, and I've had a few moments of panic because sometimes he hides so well it takes me a minute to find him. He hasn't showed any interest in the tube at all yet, though. And even if he did, I'm sure the mesh would keep him out.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:01 PM   #20 
Punki

Yeah i thought he must be dead from all the posts ive read about bettas getting trapped and drowning. I actually thought it would be scary for him but he seems so excited about it until he realized he was stuck -.- I had no mesh for 3 months and he never attempted it, then one morning he just found his way in and it became a *curiosity killed the cat..fish* thing :P