Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-29-2011, 12:16 PM   #1 
CrowntailTwitchy57

Exclamation betta rescue??? Answer by Saturday!

ok so maybe he has a better life than at Petsmart, but my brother's betta is always swimming in his own filth when I go to my parent's house! I am thinking of taking it to live in a bigger tank with me at my grandparents, where I will have the time to do water changes properly... but I also feel kinda bad, like I'm accusing my family of being terrible pet owners... I need help with putting it into a way that doesn't seem bad! If I do take him, I will post pics (he is a very pretty blue boy)
CrowntailTwitchy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:18 PM   #2 
Impolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowntailTwitchy57 View Post
ok so maybe he has a better life than at Petsmart, but my brother's betta is always swimming in his own filth when I go to my parent's house! I am thinking of taking it to live in a bigger tank with me at my grandparents, where I will have the time to do water changes properly... but I also feel kinda bad, like I'm accusing my family of being terrible pet owners... I need help with putting it into a way that doesn't seem bad! If I do take him, I will post pics (he is a very pretty blue boy)
Say that you'll just take him off their hands because they don't have time, obviously. Give examples of the setup you have and how he'd look PERFECT in it. Like, you completely designed it for that fish. List the reasons why you should have it (ex. "i've fallen in love" "its all ive ever wanted")
Impolite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:28 PM   #3 
youlovegnats

Or just tell him outright how he's obviously neglecting his fish. Give him examples of what can happen to a betta in nasty water (fin rot, pop-eye, bloating, dropsy...) Maybe he'll see what wrong he's done, lol, and man-up and clean his tank! xD
If he doesn't want to have the responsibility, just take it from him, haha.
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:35 PM   #4 
Pitluvs

Ya, instead of making them sounds bad, just make it sound like you really want THAT fish and no other will do. Although, this will make them think they are great pet owners and may get another because what they were doing was right. No scratch that, what's more important? Your brothers feelings or the fishes life? Just be honest, no fighting over it or yelling and just tell him the truth. And then you can say you've fallen in love with him and want him and that's why your so concerned lol
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:43 PM   #5 
CrowntailTwitchy57

well... its more my parents, my brother is 8 years old, and he is special needs, so I just basically have to tell my parents that I'm taking it off their hands and my bro can visit him whenever his little heart desires... ^_^
Old 06-29-2011, 12:49 PM   #6 
youlovegnats

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowntailTwitchy57 View Post
well... its more my parents, my brother is 8 years old, and he is special needs, so I just basically have to tell my parents that I'm taking it off their hands and my bro can visit him whenever his little heart desires... ^_^
OOOOOOOHHHHHH....well..... I feel bad for saying that now....
I think you have a plan! Follow through! :D
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:59 PM   #7 
pinksnowme

Sounds like god plan Keep us posted with pictures if you do get to keep it :D
pinksnowme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:14 AM   #8 
CrowntailTwitchy57

will do- thanks!
Old 06-30-2011, 10:27 AM   #9 
YoshesMom

Dont feel bad your doing whats best for the fish explain that it will have a much better chance of living with you and then your brother wont have to go through a lose so young ;)
YoshesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:10 PM   #10 
CrowntailTwitchy57

yep, because he is in just a small Marina tank, the ones with the thing of rocks in the center. I will go yard-saling and see if I can find a bigger tank, and filters for both tanks... or at least a divider!