Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-29-2011, 11:49 AM   #1 
fleetfish

The Ladie's Retirement Homes

I have only three girls left from my original seven. Yesterday Elwing passed away (), so I decided to break the sorority up and give the remaining three homes of their own. I love these beautiful old ladies so much ... they're gonna be spoiled rotten (not that they weren't when they were together, lol!). They are in a three gallon sterilite each and are loving the room.

Here's the general setup:

First, on my right is Astarte. She's a delta girl, and my youngest sorority lady. Astarte is very elegant and shy, and enjoys the darkness of her cave pot. Her past times include swimming with plesiosaurs, skydiving, and playing in the local harpsichord and triangle orchestra.

In the middle is glamourous Arwen, with permanent red lipstick and mysterious dark eyes. She enjoys hiking in the Atacama, baked potatoes with sour cream and chives, and lipsynching on Tuesday nights.

At the very end of the hallway is tough old Eowyn. She is the most rebellious of the ladies. She enjoys eloping with wayward poets who have beards, eating soft cheeses, and planning weddings for her imaginary grand fry.

fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:46 PM   #2 
fleetfish

This is the sorority in its glory days ... my absolute favourite pic of them.
You can see Arwen's face on the far left, and Eowyn is the green with redwash in the front. Elwing, the girlie who just passed away, is peeking in between the yellow girl and the other green girl.

Old 06-29-2011, 04:03 PM   #3 
fightergirl2710

Your sorority was beautiful! I'm sure your girls are loving their new spaces and they have the most astonishing hobbies, I must say!
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:07 PM   #4 
vette91

The purple one on the right of that picture is absolutely gorgeous! I love the purples/pinks
vette91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:16 PM   #5 
fleetfish

Her name was Lalaith, and she was Arwen's spawn sister I believe. :)
Old 06-29-2011, 04:22 PM   #6 
pinksnowme

They have hobbies! That is so cool
Your ladies are super sweet Maybe we all could have tea together ;)
How does the Steriolite boxes work? How do you get them enough air? Can you see through them? How did you know they can hold 3 gallons?
Lots of questions because I am looking for a 2 gallon box/bowl that looks nice to set on the dining table when my Blizzard out grows his 1 gallon
PS his hobby is collecting marbles and playing Bacci Ball or Croquet And always flirting with the ladies
pinksnowme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:45 PM   #7 
fleetfish

LOL with betta's hobbies. :P

Well, I bought the bins from Walmart, since it's the only place I know I can get them for cheap. They were $5 each. For some reason the exact same ones but with blue handles were a dollar fifty more *shrug*. The lids are on loosely so that air can circulate. They're very clear, but not as clear as glass or acrylic. You can see pretty well through them. They're almost four gallons, not quite. I simply used a converter on the internet to calculate. Heaters should work fine in them, I've had to use sterilites before with heaters and haven't had any problems.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:33 PM   #8 
pinksnowme

Thank you for taking the time to answer all those questions I will check out my WalMart for a bin that looks nice (thumbs up)
pinksnowme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:53 PM   #9 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfish View Post

LOL My girls do that too XD When I walk over to their aquarium they all rush over to the left corner where there's no floating plants because they think I'm going to feed them haha

Sorry that some of yours died :(
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote