Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-29-2011, 05:22 PM   #1 
AliciaH

too good to be true?!

Microbe-Lift Aquarium Cycling & Water Conditioning Kit

http://www.petco.com/product/111520/...escription-tab

I saw this in Petco the other day. Has anyone tried this? Does it actually work?
AliciaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:29 PM   #2 
fishman12

It won't cycle for you if that's what you're asking...
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:41 PM   #3 
Pitluvs

Anything that will cycle the tank needs to be from a fridge, as anything sitting on a shelf has nothing alive in it :) If this stuff worked, no one would have to cycle their tanks :P
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:50 PM   #4 
PewPewPew

The best way to cycle...Is to be patient, wait out the cycle and read your results... No gimmicks will make it any faster...Unless, like said, its refrigerated ;D
The bacteria will/would likley be dead if not...

Products like Stability from Seachem work to help maintain a safer cycle...but without the promise of "cycling"...catch my drift? Youre better off getting a good test kit for that price, pah!
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:21 PM   #5 
AliciaH

Obviously it would be a "fish in" cycle, but can it really keep a fish safe from it's little gills burning during the process is what I was pondering
AliciaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:30 PM   #6 
Pitluvs

I tend to think so, by removing the ammonia issue, how do the good bacteria know it's there. Ammonia is needed, the more ammonia, the more bacteria grows. Owning fish is a practice of patience, if you don't have it then you make mistakes. I put my fish in my 29gal a week after setting it up, thankfully mine survived. They all have pretty ammonia burn scars. *sigh* Now I know better to transfer stuff from my old tanks to my new one and test test test! All my tanks have random stuff every where in them, until I am done setting up new tanks lol I'll aquascape when I am happy with my numbers.

Best thing is to get as pure of an ammonia you can find with no addictive or perfume and add it to your tank daily and do your 50% water change every 2-3 days. Let the good bacteria build up. This isn't a miracle, but it's a solution to fish in cycling and should take about the same time (4-12weeks depending on tank size).
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:48 AM   #7 
Wyvern

We have a product here in South africa called Organic Aqua. We all use this to kickstart our aquariums and Ive never struggled with cycles - my tanks are cycled at 2 - 4 weeks!

http://www.organicaqua.com/freshwateraquariums
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:03 AM   #8 
regalesse

nite out the one to remove nitrates and ammonia works great but that product was designed for spikes in ammonia and nitrates and ammonia i don't even use it in the begininng of a tank cycling.
regalesse is offline   Reply With Quote