My poor little fishie seems under the weather! Can anyone help?
1. Size of tank?
2. Water parameters
d. pH, KH and GH?
e. Test kit?
Not sure exactly what's in the water. I use Boston tap water, but I always treat it with dechlorinator before putting him in.
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)?
5. How long the aquarium has been set up?
About 10 months
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
Just one crowntail betta fish, average size. I've had him for 10 months.
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants?
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom?
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors?
One fake plant, gravel bottom, no other decor
9. a. Filtration?
Neither--I just clean the tank out about once every 2 weeks
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used?
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long?
He's sort of near my window, so he gets a moderate amount of sun on sunny days
11. a. Water change schedule?
b. Volume of water changed?
c. Well water, tap water, RO water?
d. Water conditioner used?
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed?
I change all of the water every 2 weeks. I use Boston, MA tap water. I do use water conditioner/dechlorinator, but I just ran out, and threw away the bottle, so I forget the name of it now.
How often are they fed?
3 Hikari Betta Bio-Gold pellets every night, although now I've noticed him getting bloated, so I want to decrease that.
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms?
b. Appearance of poop?
c. Appearance of gills?
His stomach is bloated, and his fins seem a little discolored (brownish) and not as big as they used to be.
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis?
b. What meds were used?
Every time I change the water, or anytime he looks a little discolored, I put in 2 drops of Mardel Maracyn-Oxy as a preventative measure.
Read more: http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/t...#ixzz1QrQyvEpd