Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-01-2011, 01:25 AM   #1 
laughing

I must be the most betta addicted person here...

Today, city-wide power went out because SRP had a fire. For about 10 sq miles (maybe more!) power was out in ALL places (street lights, stores, homes). 35,000 people were affected. Of course it was also a 107* day, so stores had to start handing out free ice and such to keep people's food frozen. Stores that were opened allowed non-shoppers to loiter even to keep them from the heat. 9 hours later nearly everyone has power again, woot!

ANYWAYS, after I realized power was out in the city (I urgently need to see a doctor as something is severely wrong but their office was down and had to wait a few hours) I went to PetSmart. Yes I did. Their power was completely out without any emergency lights or anything. I went into PetSmart without any functioning electricity. It was pitch black in there and you could barely see anything...

I headed straight for the bettas and used my Android phone to spend time looking at every single betta and even while the lights were out and nobody was there I pulled the dead/poorly treated bettas up to the front where the employees could see and take care of them. I even considering buying one... Then I paid in exact cash and change for some pH tabs and AQ Salt...

Yes, your 'laughing' has now been into a pet store minus any electricity and fumbled through the dark to the betta section to use her own personal flash light to look at each and every betta. No shame.

I have won the contest....
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:40 PM   #2 
rainbowmissy

Haha, I don't blame you. :P
High five!

I know how you feel about always checking the bettas out. XD
Sometimes when I go to Wal Mart, because you can tell they hardly ever feed them, I'll bring some betta food in my purse with me and I'll feed them. :P
rainbowmissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:44 PM   #3 
fishman12

Haha good for you!
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:50 PM   #4 
YoshesMom

OMG ROFL oh lord high five I have an android to and mine has a flashlight function that im not sure how i lived without! and I would 10000% have done the same thing! your lucky they let you in as there not suppoed to for safety reasons...i have 40 plus betta and im not a breeder..i think im up there with you on obcession
YoshesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:31 PM   #5 
Abby

yoshe you have HOW MANY?

Lol my petstores almost kick me out. DJs the other day almost did i handed her a long dead male (THAT WAS AT THE FRONT) and pointed out two sick females in their community tank.
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:08 AM   #6 
YoshesMom

uh...42
YoshesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:36 AM   #7 
laughing

Yoshesmom- I would have that many but I don't have enough space! I have 3 bettas waiting to be shipped to me making that 5, and I hope to start a sorority. I will end with like 15 I think?? :P

I can't believe they let me in either! I walked up to the door and an employee pulled apart the doors for me. :D

One betta was long dead but he was in the back. I almost bought one because he was an orange dalmatian delta it looked like but of course under VT because it is PetSmart. Good thing I ONLY had money for AQ salt and pH tabs!! He was quite the cutey....

I am hoping to buy from Thailand soon, though, so I am trying to have some self control.... ;)
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote