Betta Fish Forum banner

OFFICIALLY confused!!!!

1K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  laughing 
#1 ·
So, I see that Petco has a sale on their Pet Keepers - cool, I could use one. I go on their site & look and decide on the medium at 11.75 inches x 7.75 inches by 8 inches high after I used this aquarium calculator:

http://www.firsttankguide.net/calculator.php

that tells me it is 3.2 U.S. gallons. I get it and the cardboard insert says it is 1.75 gallons!!!! :-?

So what gives??????

#6 ·
So, I see that Petco has a sale on their Pet Keepers - cool, I could use one. I go on their site & look and decide on the medium at 11.75 inches x 7.75 inches by 8 inches high after I used this aquarium calculator:

http://www.firsttankguide.net/calculator.php

that tells me it is 3.2 U.S. gallons. I get it and the cardboard insert says it is 1.75 gallons!!!! :-?

So what gives??????

Shipping box size.

#11 ·
Like I said, earlier, I'm just too cheap & lazy to send it back since it's just an emergency backup.

Hmmm......measured it at the smallest part and it still comes up with 2 gals. & not the 1.75 gal. it says on the insert. One of these days I'll probably actually measure it out in cups.

#12 ·
Well I had that keeper and it always seemed WAY bigger than 1.75 gallons...

I'm starting to think that maybe they're lying about the size so you'll want to go bigger? Doesn't it seem odd they sell a 1.75 gallon? :S When I thought of how small 1.75 was, I almost went up to the next size.

Very well could be a scam!

#13 ·
Get a gallon jug (milk jug, water jug) and then fill it up to the usual point when you buy it brand new, and fill it up. Then fill the jug up again, and pour that one in. If it cannot hold both gallons, then we know it is 1.75. If it can, and we know it is 2. If it can and has extra room, then it is probably just over 2 gallons. If there's still a decent amount, fill the jug up again and see if it can hold it.

That's probably the easiest way to find out who is right!

#15 ·
So - finally got around to measuring it today. Filled right to the top it is EXACTLY 1.75 gals. as the insert said. Hmmmm...... could the aquarium calculator I used be WRONG????

In any event, I found it is a TERRIFIC holding tank for when I have to do 100% water changes. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.