Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-03-2011, 01:11 AM   #1 
LTeal13

Oh, Colin. :(

A few months ago my betta, King Colin the Fish, passed after a gruelling two week battle with velvet disease. :(

When I stumbled across this forum I remembered how he died. When he got sick I couldnt find any medicine for him that would help. As his illness progressed he became sluggish and sometimes would just float like a dead fish. I knew for a long time he wouldnt recover, but one time I came home from school one day and instead of swimming up to greet me like usual, he just lay there on his special shell I got him from the ocean. He was dead. My little brother and I gave him a proper burial-- my brother even played amazing grace for him on the kazoo.
I miss Colin. He was the most mellow, well mannered, and gentle betta I've ever had.

But now that my greif period is over, I now have Ezra the Prophish. He is schitzophrenic betta fish. He always thinks there are other fish in his tank when there never is, he is a messy eater, and is a little too energenic. I love Ezra and all his weird perks, but I will never forget Colin. :(
LTeal13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:06 AM   #2 
lunawatsername

well welcome to the forum, and im sorry it brought back such painful memories :( its sad that colin died, but i can tell he had a really loving owner, so im sure he had the happiest life ever :)
its a shame that you wernt on the forum before, im sure someone on here could have came up with the right medication. but, at least you know it now, and youll be able to be an even better fishy owner in the future! ( i know i definitely am! if not for this place i might be one of those people with goldfish in a 5 gallon tank, thinking im doing so well :/)
rambling aside, welcome to TFK, and im sorry for your loss :(
lunawatsername is offline   Reply With Quote