Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-03-2011, 12:03 AM   #3501 
Pitluvs

If you wanted too, you could take that divider material and cut a smaller piece. Then silicone a plastic report slider half way on the material and place it on the top of the divider in your tank. I did this with mine, no jumpers :)
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:19 AM   #3502 
Puzzle84

Toxi86 (the wife):

I'd thought about doing that myself. But as it stands with the dividers, they can't possibly jump if the lid is on. We've got everything flush and closed tight to avoid any accidents.

Though that is an excellent point and something we'll be dealing with when we find the permanent top solution. For now, this will do and I'll have to keep up with water levels. ^^

And yes!! I love those Grecian ornaments! I'm thinking of doing a full theme one to one with our fish. Once we get the second 10 gal and divide it up (so all six males will be home and happier) we'll really go to town with the decorations. Plus, more plants.

Although, anyone know of a good place to purchase silk plants for the tanks? I know it's better to put live plants but until I've done more research and practices with a few set ups, I want to stick with fakes (not plastic leaves though)
Puzzle84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:26 AM   #3503 
Neil D

Your LFS will have a good selection.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:29 AM   #3504 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlikk View Post
I'm new here and wanted to share my pics. This is my crowntail, Pixel in his 5 gal. tank. I just added the Background film and he is a little freaked out by it. Keeps flaring at it hehe.
Nice tank.

I think though, that the plants lined with white are white ribbon plants, which are not aquatic :( they are sold that way though, which is too bad.

If thats what they are, take care to remove them.
They will rot and make the tank gross!
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:09 AM   #3505 
Kestral

I moved Royal into a 1/2 gallon (temporarily!) and Silver gets the whole 2.5 gallon. Hopefully I'll get enough money to buy a gallon tank for Kiwi, and a 2.5 gallon tank for Royal. :)
Kestral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:54 AM   #3506 
Squidmagician

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
Nice! I like the netting above the tube- very important with such curious fish.
Thanks! Yeah, the tank came with a plastic "fish guard" that was supposed to serve that purpose, but the holes in it were big enough that he could probably easily get through if he wanted. Not sure why they didn't design that piece as more of a mesh to begin with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut285 View Post
@Squid: I love that little fake anemone thing in the front of your tank, I saw those at my petsmart and I like how swishy they are XD
Isn't it cute? And Al just loves it. It's one of his favorite places to hang out.
Squidmagician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:01 AM   #3507 
Phlikk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
Nice tank.

I think though, that the plants lined with white are white ribbon plants, which are not aquatic :( they are sold that way though, which is too bad.

If thats what they are, take care to remove them.
They will rot and make the tank gross!
Ill keep that in mind! They have been doing ok so far, but if they start rotting away on me I will move them to my terrarium.
Phlikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:05 AM   #3508 
PewPewPew

I bet they'd love that lol!
Theyre related to lucky bamboo, which is also sold aquatic bit isn't.

I had it in mine for a small while and it got disgusting! D:
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:45 AM   #3509 
Puzzle84

How long would you let an aquarium run before putting fish in it?
We were thinking 3 days but now i am curious if i can't put them in their royal estate a bit sooner :)
Puzzle84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:01 PM   #3510 
Neil D

3 days is fine, but it won't cycle without an ammonia source. Just letting it run will allow it to settle physically, but not chemically.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank